ne1 else feel like a spectator during a complex partial ?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vapour

New
Reaction score
I dont remember everything during a complex partial but i remmeber alot.. i dont know how long they go on for though, unless someone tells me .. but ususlaly its as im waking so I dont normall know,... I think I have a few within a 15 minute period.. or 30 minute period.

Anyway, Im wondering if anyone else feels like a spectator.. like.. You feel your body doing things.. for ex your arm making silly movements...or hand... yet its not you doing this.. your just spectating.

let me know

Yep I always referred to it as an intense out of body experience but I like the spectator description better. I think it was why as a child I came to the realization that we are not our bodies, that there is something else out there.

I remember zero, nada, zilch from my complex. It is so frustrating

I also have that missing part but sometimes I'll remember parts of it days, or even a week later.

Vapour, et al:
I experience deja vu with my complex partials. I can feel myself 'zone out/check out' & check back in, but don't know what happens in between unless I've crumpled a piece of paper or students keep calling my name. Sometimes I'll start in 1 room & end up in another, but will forget why I even left the room to begin with. And, since I have a tendency to wander while having a seizure, I prefer being surrounded by friends or family.

Complex Partial

When I have a complex partial seizure there's first a very intense awareness of myself for a few seconds, then a kind of rushing feeling, a buzzing inside my head, like the static from a CRT tv screen buzzing on the inside of my skull. I suffer from tinnitus and it's like I can feel the tinnitus as well as hear it, it begins to tap-dance inside my head.

At this point I become incapable of identifying my environment. The other day, my bedroom became a bedsit, the bathroom seemed to be a set of stairs going down, the real stairs seemed to be going up instead and I thought I was living in an apartment block instead of my parents house.

Then I just can't do anything. I can't speak, read or understand other peoples speech, and I get frozen in this buzzing moment for some time between one to five minutes (i'm not sure how long as I lose track of time).

When it wears off I can move again and identify my surroundings ok, but anything other people say is just garbage. I can make out individual words but putting them into a sentence is something I am incapable of and according to my parents and my sister I am very glassy eyed and I look really out of it for a few minutes. I'll be unable to read for half an hour or more and i'll still have trouble understanding people a bit during that time.

I'm generally aware of what's going on though.

I'll usually remember everything, tho sometimes I have jamais vu episodes, and occasional panic attacks and amnesia during seizures.

I've had the same feeling. It almost feels like I'm floating outside myself.

This may sound a little sick but when I used to explain to people what I experienced I would tell them I had the cool kind of seizures. I was never afraid of them maybe cause I'd had them my whole life. Before I had my surgery I had told someone here that I may miss them and well I kind of do. They were like an old friend. But not enough to wish them back.

Quite often with me. I feel like I am in a cloud looking at myself. It is just plain weird to me but it happens. It has happened for so long and so often that at times it feels normal. Then again what is normal anymore.

tam bam

Back
Top Bottom