need advice from females

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

D-mannose is for bladder infection. If what you need is estrogen to rebuild tissue, that might not help you. I agree it is a problem. I used soy isoflavons, sorry that's spelled wrong - which came in little capsules. It is a plant-based estrogen and stopped my hot flashes. Now, if only a topical cream will work, you have a problem. I would call whoever takes care of your E and ask that dr., maybe she/he has another idea for you to try. Maybe a smaller dose would be ok?

D-mannose is for bladder infection. If what you need is estrogen to rebuild tissue, that might not help you. I used soy isoflavons, sorry that's spelled wrong - which came in little capsules. It is a plant-based estrogen and stopped my hot flashes.
I agree that that its primary job is curing bladder infections but it can also prevent infections without all the side effect of antibiotics like yeast infections (yuck).
If you can go infection free for a long enough time, your body can have a chance to do some of the repairs itself.

What the D-mannose does is basically keep infectious things from sticking to the inside of the pipes. So it's not directly curing your issue but it is letting the inflammation go down long enough to start the healing process. I've never had the condition the OP has. Initially I though the question was just about bladder infections, then more info came out. But it would seem to me that the OP's condition could lead to recurrent infections. Is that the case?

I would really be wary of soy based estrogen though. I did a lot of research into this after having breast cancer. There are just about the same number of studies on both sides of the issue, saying soy causes cancer and saying it doesn't. I would personally rather err on the side of caution. Also a lot of the studies saying soy is terrific can have their funding traced back to the soy lobby if you dig through a layer or two of shell corporations. I have cut all soy products out of my diet and life completely.

Blood serum and thyroid,this can be one of things you got..I google all this stuff and I got slow thyroid and it do effect kiddies most GP are unaware of conection

Back
Top Bottom