Neuro appt went well

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

horsehead

New
Reaction score
I was pleasently surprised . The neuro admited that he didn't know all the side effects of keppra and said after research he saw that i was having serious side effects .He wanted to try me on depakote but i decided against it. due to having to do labs every three months no thanks . I hate blood draws, decided on a med that starts with an L I believe and i have to ramp up on the meds. its extreamly expensive to start for some reason. pharmacy didn't have any so they will have to order it. hopefully this one will work. Hubby said i was on the bathroom floor this morning banging into the shower door. I dont remember anything untill i saw him watching me go to the bathroom.Sad that I'm getting used to not having any idea what i'm doing most of the time.

Could you be starting on Lamictal (or Lamotrigine)? is that your 'L' med? Sorry you are having troubles :-( Nice that your doctor was willing to research and learn and not act like he had all the answers when he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom