Neurontin

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just got off Klonopin after 8 years of use and I was put on Trileptal, that don't work.. now I am put on Neurontin.

Anyone taking this? I hope it works. Lately I have been feeling like I'm plugged into a wall.. anyone ever feel that? Is it a side effect of Neurontin?

Billy.

Hi Billy,

My Neurologist put me on Neurontin in November 2009 but I was only on it for 12 months & hated being on it. The Neurontin didn't help control my partial seizures & out of the 5 AEDs I've taken over the years Neurontin was the one I had the worse side effects on.
While I was on Neurontin I always felt tired so used to often have a nap in the afternoon & still get a good nights sleep, it also affected my moods & could either cry or scream at someone at the drop of a pin.

Once I was taken of the Neurontin I wasn't so tired all the time & was abck to being my normal happy self :).

I hope the Neurontin does help with your seizures & you don't get too many side effects from it.

Thanks~ I have heard many say that. I was on it years ago, but I forgot if it helped or not. I'm running out of medicine options.. I have been on Keppra, Klonopin, Valium, Trileptal.. I may be tried on Depakote next.. if Neurontin don't help any.

Back
Top Bottom