neurotin

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kimba

New
Reaction score
Hi, I was just checking. My friend started Neurotin for neuve pain. Its supposed to help but she is having a lot more pain since she started them. And restless.
We were wondering if that is just an initial side effect of the med. or if anyone else has issues with this Neurotin? Thank you for any help!!

Kim

Hi, Kimba,

I was on neurontin for about 5 years before I was diagnosed with epilepsy. It was also prescribed for nerve pain. I had nerve pain down my arm, and the neurontin worked. It was a pretty low dose, so I didn't have any side effects other than sleepiness, so I took it at night.

Robin posted a link to this pretty nifty website: http://www.askapatient.com/ It has thousands of patients sharing their side effects and experiences using any particular drug.

I was on Neurontin

And I also have a Regional Sympathic Dystrophy (from a HS football injury) which causes sever nerve pain.

Neuro didnt do much for me in terms of pain relief. I am on 300 mg of lyrica after getting some nerve blocks and it works great.

Rebecca was taking Gabapentin (generic) and she had suicidal tendencies with this drug.
Odd unusual (to Rebecca) seizures also occurred while on this med.

Back
Top Bottom