New epilepsy drug coming out

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
There is a new drug partial onset seizures coming out.

It's called Syncompa

I see my neuro next month, and will discuss the drug.

Belinda:e:

Do you have a link to the info? The googles of the interwebz does not see it.

I'm not interested in it as an option, I'm just interested in it. ;)

Sorry I don't have a link to it.I tried my best to find it and if I do I will put up the link.
Belinda

Yes I 'm sure the name is syncompa.
I talked to my neuro and had him spell out the name of the drug for me.

If its fycompa , I have been on it since last year it has reduced the severity of my sz but I still haven't got control. I take it along with zonisamide and phenytoin.

If its fycompa , I have been on it since last year it has reduced the severity of my sz but I still haven't got control. I take it along with zonisamide and phenytoin.

Belinda has already said it isn't Fycompa.

Are you sure it is called Syncompa? There is a new one with a similar name, Fycompa, or Parampanel as the name the FDA uses.

Her reply:

Belinda5000 said:
Yes I 'm sure the name is syncompa.
I talked to my neurologist and had him spell out the name of the drug for me.

I know my neuro told me last summer about a new med that was coming out for epilepsy. He said he was going to consider putting me on it but he wanted to find out more about it first.

I know I wrote the name of the med down. Can't remember where I put it though, imagine that. I'm pretty sure it started with an 'S'.

Back
Top Bottom