night time seizures/ tonic-cclonics upon waking

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jayde-101

Stalwart
Reaction score
hey there

Im just wondering if anyone suffers with night time seizures and tonic-clonics upon waking.. And if you have found a trigger

My boyfriend has noted that when i have a night time seizure Im always either laying on my tummy or laying in my right side ... So i wondered if it Cud be a trigger ? ...

Also i find if its quite humid Im more likely to have one ...

Most mine happen in the early hours between 2am and 7am and sumtimes have a tonic-clonic upon waking

I just Dont know what to do and ive got myself to scared to sleep :( ...

I see the neurologist on 4th July to get eeg results .... Just wanted your views ???

Whats your trigger ??

I woke to a seizure this morning. Mine are only simples though. But it is unnerving non the less. I completely understand feeling fearful of the bed. I have lots of seizure activity at night. I keep wondering if I need a sleep study... but I don't know if that's the right test. Sounds like it though. Have you had one? Seems like you've been having a lot of activity lately. :( :( is this normal for you? Im sure you have it all charted and ready for the doctor. Good luck with that appointment.

As far as triggers I read it is just more likely to have them as you fall asleep or when waking up? Someone pointed that out for me. So I looked it up. I wonder if you tried breathe right strips... LOL... if it would help. Just would help you stay well oxygenated in case you don't breathe as good on your side or back... very random thought.

Back
Top Bottom