Nortriptyline for migraines

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

patek8ks

New
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a question......I've been suffering from debilitating migraines for as long as I have had epilepsy..
this past month 4 weeks m neurologist increased the dosage to 25mg...I tried it for 2 wks and it was way tooo much plus being in topomax 300mg so he took me down the 3rd week back to 10mg NOW last week he took me off....migraines came back and im REALLY not feeling myself!!! Its BAD my speech is slowed im feeling sick and just plain out of it!!! This Med truly helps my migraines however the up and down and elimination of the Med has screwed me up im afraid of having a seizure.....anyone experience with this Med for migraines or have some thoughts about this
thank you as always

Hi, I was on Topirimate for quite a long time and initially it worked. I'm no longer on it as it stopped working for me and my headaches & migraines came back with a vengeance! I've been taking Nortriptilyne 10mg for about 6 weeks and it's crap! I do know someone who was on a silly dosage of Nortriptilyne and although they struggled at first after a while things settled down for them. Can u not increase it slower and take 15mg for a few weeks and do it that way? 300mg of Topomax isn't that high so you could increase that one under your Doctors guidance.

Valproic Acid is also a migraine prophylaxis, in case you haven't tried this one. It's what I am on, and it does make a difference.

Hi angelita14 I thank you for your input!!! The neurologist did increase my dosage to 25mg but was experiencing horrible vivid nightmares that lasted quite some time....I've been off.of the 10mg for a week so im just getting adjusted again but its not really helping.... I appreciate your input....the drs whole idea is is that after the holidays he is adding another seizure Med to my current regiment and I can't tolerate a majority of the side effects of many =0( almost tried every one some I am allergic to....so he wants me on less medication NOW to incorporate a new anti epileptic
Thanks again I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom