Not Epilepsy!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I found this info on various causes and types of hallucinations
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2660156/

The only thing is that even though it says that as many as 1/3 of migraine sufferers have hallucinations -- it's the light thing (zig zags, colors, etc.) -- not generally more complex hallucinations.

There is a link, however, between epilepsy, migraines and schizophrenia.

The notes from when I had the hallucinations aren't very detailed. Field of vision starts to narrow, surrounded by people, couldn't understand what they were saying, and could smell everything. Pins and needles starting top of head and spreading down to chest. Headache afterwards.

She said something about seeing, hearing, and smelling not happening together in a seizure. The visual stuff is usually on one side.

Those episodes happened over 18 months ago; I have been trying to remember what was going on. I have been trying to remember if I was surrounded by people or not. I remember people on the left. I don't remember hearing them; I remember them talking but not knowing what they were saying.

There have been lots of other things as well ... not knowing anything when I wake up, not seeing people even when they address me, pins and needles on back of left leg and up and down left arm

I started tapering off my meds ... we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom