not sure if i had a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I've been on keppra1000mg for about two months, since my last seizure. Both tonic clonics have happened while asleep. Last night I fell asleep and my husband,was out (he's always been awake in bed to witness events). He says he came in, we exchanged a few words, he was tired and fell right asleep. I had taken an ambien because the keppra keeps me up. I woke up earlier than usual, felt ok, but my muscles in my legs are really sore and there's no reason. It reminds me how I feel after a seizure but not AS intense and not all over. I did not wake up to vomit or loose control of my bladder, both sometimes happen. I'm not sure what to think and I don't really want to call the Neuro and have to go in for an expensive consult.

Your husband must be a very sound sleeper if you could have a tonic colonic right next to him and not wake him up IMHO. Don't think it would be worth it to go see your neurologist, seeing as u don't even know that you had one. Just not sure what they would do in such a case. Except take your money. I guess they could take an MRI, but if this is all out of pocket it could get expensive. It sucks. I know how stressful all this can be. Which can only make it worse for some. So just relax, not much you can do today anyway. If there is a neurologist nurse there, maybe you can call and just talk to her (him) tomorrow. That's what they have here at Denver Health where I go. Saves time and money, and she ends up calling me back with any Dr. recommendations. Good luck.

Whenever something happens that I'm not sure is a seizure I mark it down & mention it the next time I see the neurologist anyway.

He's better at figuring out whether what I describe is neurologically related or not. If so then it might help update him as to what is happening with me & if it isn't neurological then nothing lost. Just the fact that you're not sure might tell your neurologist something about how the seizures may have changed.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but epileric makes a good suggestion.

In my experience with partial seizures in my sleep, I would wake up sore, but there was a lot of movement involved.

I'm not really worried about it, just so new to all this I'm trying to figure out what could be happening.... or not. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Back
Top Bottom