Now I think I have a UTI again

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I repeat: TheraCran saved my kidneys!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to get terrible kidney infections. Skip the bladder infections, it went straight to my kidneys! I was hospitalized, took Cipro -- the whole works -- but every few months, the bugger came back.

Then my urologist suggested "TheraCran" -- a supplement of pure cranberry powder (650mg) that comes in a capsule. He told me to take 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM. I haven't been in the hospital for 2 YEARS now.

Give it a try. I think it's available at iHerb. (I'm on a subscription plan. It comes automatically every month.)

Hope this helps, I know first-hand how much pain you're in...

You are very straight talking Phylis - lol. You have given me food for thought... so much so that where normally, I would just put up and shut up, today - I called my Doctor about the antibiotics (really not agreeing with me - I won't go into details :S). Without hesitation, he changed them to another one - with the reminder that if I was still in pain, then I would have to go for an ultrasound scan.

So... thank you for the kick up the bottom to start getting some control back! And I am definitely going to look into TheraCran - what's another pill or two between friends!

*hugs* xxx

Cipro is the antibiotic that works for me. The others either give me severe stomach aches or the trots. (I don't know which is worse.)

Hang in there and report back to me! (You're suppossed to say: "Aye, aye!")

lol... Aye, Aye!!

I was initially on Cefalexin 500mg 3 times a day (is that the same one? - pretty much the same side effects as you described - awful!) but he has now put me on Trimethoprim 200mg twice a day.

He could give me borax for all I care at the moment though - the pain is pretty bad now :( Will definitely be turning in for an early night! *huge hugs*

Don't just be a good girl and keep a stiff upper lip. If you live in the USA, request CIPRO. You've got nothing to lose. And trust me, I've been there...MANY times. And after several tries, Cipro was the one antibiotic that worked. (One time my kidney infection was so bad, they put me in the hospital for 5 days and hooked me up to Cipro intravenously!)

CALL THE DOC TOMORROW!

Doctors in the uk dont 'work for you' in the same way as they do in the us. You go see them, and hope they listen, they VERY rarely prescribe antibiotics anymore, you basically have to accept what you've got here, at least as far as your GP goes. In most places, there is only one surgery that you are allowed to register at, based on your address, unless you live in a large town, but even then there are often restrictions, like if you live on X street you can register at surgery A but if you live on Y street, you have to register at surgery B. The NHS is pants!

acupuncture is good for UTI and for breaking the cycle of its return- even if the cause you feel is medicine related. Find a practicianer that has studied diet.breagan

Please keep

in mind that one antibiotic may work for one person, yet may not work for another person. I used to LOVE Ceclor (Cephalexin) until I broke out in a huge red rash, and got even sicker from it. Z-pack (azithromycin) is my antibiotic of choice.......

Back
Top Bottom