Oily feel in mouth?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My wife has had what she describes as an oily feel/sensation in her mouth for most of the day and part of last night. She did bite her cheek and tongue in a seizure last tuesday. Could this be seizure activity or maybe just a feel bc of the bites? She said drinking nor eating seem to change it.

Sometimes either seizures or the medications can change the sense of taste. If her mouth is still sore, the sensation could be related to the tissues that are still healing. Is it unpleasant for her or just odd?

I think just odd. She is not on any meds for the seizures yet as it is thought to be hypoglycemic seizures. It has been that way constant since yest so surely it is not seizure activity for that long. I have found much in searches referring to oily sensations in the mouth

Back
Top Bottom