One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

SlimBlue

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all, have been missing for a few months now, and I know some of my friends on here have been worrying- for that I'm really really sorry :(

I ended up getting sectioned again during a bout of post-ictal psychosis, this time I was kept in for 3 months because it's happened a few times in the past.

It was the same thing again tho- sane after a short time back in a structured, 'real world' with human contact, but made to stay in an institution until it was deemed I was 'sane' again. Before it was only a month, but this time I've been away for 3 months- at least 2 of those I've been perfectly 'normal' (hence the title) but that's the way the system works.. :/

Again, I'm sorry for those worrying, and I'll be back around from now on, just like I used to...

SlimBlue

Do not be sorry, its good to have you back. You do know you have to do the housework for me. :roflmao::roflmao: Where is that cup of tea?

Aww cheers mate, it's so good to be out, back online and especially back here :)

I've got loads of posts to wade through lol so that will keep me going for a bit..

Hahaha as soon as my Benefits are sorted out, I may even travel over and make you one in person ;)

Great to have you back SlimBlue. Sorry to hear about your forced "vacation".

Cheers Bernard, that means a lot. :)

I realise it was probably helpful for a few days but 3 months incarceration was extremely wearying. Having some nearby friends to talk to and help me through would have been a lot less traumatic and not wasteful of precious NHS resources.

There haven't been many NHS studies just on post-ictal psychosis in TLE/E, and the last rough estimates were between 2%-7% prevalence :/

Thus trying to use it as a 'reason' in a psych evaluation doesn't really cut it in the UK *sighs* hence the extended visit this time..

Last edited:
Nurse Rachete, is it medicine time, can i have my Dilantin pills? That movie is great, has a lot of good scenes in it. But it's really a tear jerker in the end.

And yes, Dilantin was the medicine they used in the movie.

:piano: :pop:

Hehehe as much as I love 'The Shining', it's got to be my favourite Jack Nicholson one.

Never thought I'd get to actually live it though lol

Back
Top Bottom