oxcarbazepine- and flu like symptoms

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MaeDae

New
Reaction score
anyone else using this drug to control seizures and mood swings? I have a sore throat and runny nose, only been taking it for about 3 days. will the sore throat and runny nose go away after a while? or should I contact dr. asap?

it could be coincidently that I caught a cold the same time I started taking the med?

anyone else using this drug to control seizures and mood swings? I have a sore throat and runny nose, only been taking it for about 3 days. will the sore throat and runny nose go away after a while? or should I contact dr. asap?

If those symptoms don't subside within a week, then I would contact the dr. Or if they get worse, it could be an allergic reaction and you would need to contact the dr. ASAP.

:agree: Keep a close eye on it. If it's a cold, you should start to feel better in a day or so but if you're developing an allergic reaction it will get worse everyday. Check your lymph nodes for swelling, periodically and if you develop a rash or fever call your Doc immediately. I was switched to lamictal once and developed a sore throat on day 2 that after a few days had developed into flu-like symptoms, fever, swollen nodes, and eventually a rash.

Im going to contact dr on Monday either way. My arm pits hurt and the glands in my neck hurt as well and I sound like a frog. I haven't seen a rash yet. Thank you both.

Back
Top Bottom