panic attacks with Banzel

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

coryt

New
Reaction score
I suspect Banzel is causing my 19 yr old daughter to have panic attacks but hate to wean off meds yet as we've tried everything else. The Banzel does not control seizures and we've never had anxiety/panic attacks before. Dilantin did cause her to be restless and agitated along with difficult to sleep at night but never hallucinaginic type behavior. Anyone experienced this on Banzel?

Welcome to CWE.
I'm not familiar with Banzel, but I'm struggling with my own panic/anxiety attacks. In my case the cause seems to be more the circumstance of a changed life and fear of having another seizure.
How long has your daughter been having seizures? There are many other medications out there that may be appropriate for her situation... have you discussed other options with your neurologist?
I do hope your able to find something that controls the seizures with the most tolerable side effects.

Hi coryt, welcome to CWE!

Have you checked in with your daughter's neuro to let him know what's happening? If the Banzel isn't helping control seizures AND it's causing terrible side effects, then there's no good reason to stay on it right now. The neuro should be able to give you a plan for weaning off the Banzel, and discuss options for other meds/treatments. What kinds of seizures dose your daughter have?

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom