Pill Organizers

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
Bernard I might be buying one of the journal's have to ask my husband first... I've just in the last few day's been having trouble remembering if i took and which med i took.... yesterday i put days of week on paper so i can wright down which meds I've taken and the times i took them...

adding the journal was good idea:)

Why not run up to the drug store and get you a pill organizer?

I have one like this

05c473a4.jpg

But then I found one on-line that has a timer on it to remind you to take it! Now how cool is that?

medicool.com

b0e79136.jpg

Mine's like that except it's CLEAR so I
can see my meds - if you get the colored
ones - it's kind of hard to see if you
took your meds or not and it could be
a PITA having to open it. If it's CLEAR
you can see right through it!

05c473a4.jpg

Here's mine, I am so lost without it. I would be messing my meds up BIG TIME since I have 8 different scripts!

It's not clear but you can still still see if the medication has been taken or not.

a9c4a76d.jpg

Mine's like that except it's CLEAR so I
can see my meds - if you get the colored
ones - it's kind of hard to see if you
took your meds or not and it could be
a PITA having to open it. If it's CLEAR
you can see right through it!

05c473a4.jpg

I think Pill boxes or pill organisers are so handy.

I actualy have 3 of them lol.

I have a weekly pill organiser like the one in that pic (and it's a clear one lol) . It's very handy when I forgot to take my tablets because I can see whether or not I've taken my tablets. Before I got the pill organiser I was never sure when I took my tablets.

I have a pill box which opens on 2 sides with one side saying AM & other side saying PM. I use that for when I'm going somewhere overnight.

I also have a small pill box which is a splitter, which came in handy when I was on Lamictal because I used to be on 1 1/2 Lamictal Tablets at night.

Last edited:
I think Pill boxes or pill organisers are so handy.

I actualy have 3 of them lol.

I have a weekly pill organiser like the one in that pic (and it's a clear one lol) . It's very handy when I forgot to take my tablets because I can see whether or not I've taken my tablets. Before I got the pill organiser I was never sure when I took my tablets.

I have a pill box which opens on 2 sides with one side saying AM & other side saying PM. I use that for when I'm going somewhere overnight.

I also have a small pill box which is a splitter, which came in handy when I was on Lamictal because I used to be on 1 1/2 Lamictal Tablets at night.
I have several of those boxes! However since I'm kind of graceless and concerned if I might drop one in public places, I put a little ziplock around it. I also bought one of those insulated camera cases with a bunch of zippered compartments. There's just enough room in there for credit cards and meds, and I won't lose it if I'm wearing it!

It was ideal for vacation.

I have several of those boxes! However since I'm kind of graceless and concerned if I might drop one in public places, I put a little ziplock around it. I also bought one of those insulated camera cases with a bunch of zippered compartments. There's just enough room in there for credit cards and meds, and I won't lose it if I'm wearing it!

It was ideal for vacation.
That sounds like a good idea putting a ziplock on your boxes.

I don't often go out at night so I usualy only take my meds with me when I am going away. I might use your suggestion though and put the pillboxes in one a ziplock bag next time I go away.

Do you have webster packs over in USA or England?
Over here in Aussie you can go to your chemist and get them to make up a webster pack. You just tell them what meds you are on and when you take them and they will make it up for a week. It's all sealed so none of your meds will fall out. I haven't actualy used a webster pack myself but know alot of people who have.

That sounds like a good idea putting a ziplock on your boxes.

I don't often go out at night so I usualy only take my meds with me when I am going away. I might use your suggestion though and put the pillboxes in one a ziplock bag next time I go away.

Do you have webster packs over in USA or England?
Over here in Aussie you can go to your chemist and get them to make up a webster pack. You just tell them what meds you are on and when you take them and they will make it up for a week. It's all sealed so none of your meds will fall out. I haven't actualy used a webster pack myself but know alot of people who have.
I've never heard of webster packs. They might exist here somewhere. I usually have to precount my meds ahead of time (usually one week's worth). I'll have to research that.
Do webster packs have brand name only? That's all I take now.
In Aussie, do you guys have individual drug insurance? Or does the government pay most medical stuff like they do in Canada? I only take brand name drugs. Generic drugs can have different fillers in them and the actual drug content can vary.

I've never heard of webster packs. They might exist here somewhere. I usually have to precount my meds ahead of time (usually one week's worth). I'll have to research that.
Do webster packs have brand name only? That's all I take now.
Hi alivenwell

I haven't used webster pack myself so not sure whether the chemist would use the brand name meds or chemist brand. It might depend on the person.

Here is a link to some info on the webster pack. I hope it helps.

http://www.mirrijini.com/products231.htm

In Aussie, do you guys have individual drug insurance? Or does the government pay most medical stuff like they do in Canada? I only take brand name drugs. Generic drugs can have different fillers in them and the actual drug content can vary.
We don't need drug insurance over here.

The government has a scheme called the pharmaceutical benefit scheme where some of our medications are cheaper. This is available for everyone, whether they be unemployed, employed or pensioners. It is very handy if you are on medications that cost a lot of money. Luckily both my meds are under the PBS.

If you are unemployed, you get what's called a health care card which will help you get your medications & GP visits cheaper. If you are on a pension you get a pensioner card so you can get cheaper medication, GP visits as well as other benefits.

We also have medicare which is part of the health system. When you go to some GPs they bulk bill which means they send the bill to Medicare and they pay for it but that is rare now adays. If you go to the GP & have to pay then you can go to Medicare and get some of the money back.

Most of our hospitals are free aswell but the hospital system is pretty crap at the moment, there is a shortage of hospital staff & if you need surgery you could be put on waiting list for months or years. You can pay for private health cover which means when you do need to go hospital you should get in quicker & I think there is more privacy in a private hospital then a public hospital. I think private health cover also covers dental, glasses aswell as other stuff but it is expensive to be in.

Whenever I get my medication refilled and the chemist asks if I want the chemist brand or the brand name I have always gone for the brand name. I don't know if there is much difference between the brand name & chemist brand but I'd rather not risk it :ponder:.

I am not very good at explaining things so please let me know if anything didn't make sense lol

Last edited:
You have explained it just fine... and just one more reason that I am thinking about changing my residency to Australia. Guess they frown on foreigners though a bit, putting their hand out.

After college, I so considered it... then met my husband of 24 yrs. Now all of that is history.

Back on topic...
I need to get another organizer for Rebecca. I now put it all out each day for her and each evening. However, if by chance I happen to fall asleep before her, she "forgets" to take her eve pills/supp. Guess the timer variety would be helpful.

Last edited:
hey birdbomb i bought one about a week after we talked its like the blue one with purple lids .... that say morning noon eve bed .....
pretty handy...

000000511.gif

They are, and it's very easy to establish the habit of using them. I need to get on for my husband, he takes almost as many meds as I do.

Heck ...

I need a new one for Christmas!
Mine is ALREADY worn out!
I've KILLED it!

:?

the webster packs.....

that were referred to earlier can be had, but not necessarily at drug stores like CVS & Walgreens. Usually they can be found at the Family Pharmacare type of pharmacy....you know...the old neighborhood pharmacy...they're very handy, especially when you work with disabled folks...I did that for a summer, before my back went out.:ponder::roflmao: Some of my residents had 3 or 4 of these webster packs with quite a number of pills put into each one.......

that were referred to earlier can be had, but not necessarily at drug stores like CVS & Walgreens. Usually they can be found at the Family Pharmacare type of pharmacy....you know...the old neighborhood pharmacy...they're very handy, especially when you work with disabled folks...I did that for a summer, before my back went out.:ponder::roflmao: Some of my residents had 3 or 4 of these webster packs with quite a number of pills put into each one.......

You're right about the webster packs being handy for people with disabilities. I do voluntary work at an organisation that takes people with disabiltiies on holidays & activities. The organisation have an activity coordinator & a manager who take it in turns to do the holidays & activities, they also have the volunteers help them. When they go on a holiday or overnight activity the activity coordiantor or manager look after the participants medication. We ask that the meds be put in webster paks because there is less chance of the meds falling out of a webster pak then in a regular pill organiser.

Hello All...

I havnt used a pill organiser for a while now but when I was using one it made things so much easier... I was on so many meds at one stage plus weaning off and increasing others so I was constanly have to check and re check and I was always worried i did it wrong or forgot some....

I also found it easier to get myself into a good pattern of taking them which worked really well.... So i thinkthere a good idea especially if changing doses ar meds as that often throws your system out of whack....

In regards to the webster packs.... I used to work as a dispensary tech.... I used to fill prescriptions in a pharmacy/chemist in australia, I am pretty sure it works differently I also used to pack webster packs numerous different sections of the community used to use them yes people with disabilities but I dont think thats all that can get the benefit from using one

We used to have people my age that happened to be on several medications, they were used for children learning to take their own meds so they couldnt get doses wrong, yes they are used for people with disabilites as was put in previous post.... but I don't really like putting it that way.... I look at it as the whole community

Take care everyone
Tate xx

ps a few of you mentioned the colour organisers... I used to keep the pocket open once I had taken that dose which showed imediatly where I was up2, also if there was one still closed I could check it straight away to see if I did miss it..... I found it helpful.... just an idea

Hello All...

In regards to the webster packs.... I used to work as a dispensary tech.... I used to fill prescriptions in a pharmacy/chemist in australia, I am pretty sure it works differently I also used to pack webster packs numerous different sections of the community used to use them yes people with disabilities but I dont think thats all that can get the benefit from using one

We used to have people my age that happened to be on several medications, they were used for children learning to take their own meds so they couldnt get doses wrong, yes they are used for people with disabilites as was put in previous post.... but I don't really like putting it that way.... I look at it as the whole community.
Hi Tate

In regards to the webster packs I realise anyone at all who needs medications can use the webster packs.

I probably didn't explain it well when I was telling my story about where I volunteer. At the place I volunteer when we take our participants on holidays or overnight activities there may be volunteers who are on medications so they also get webster packs when they go on the trips :).

A couple of months after I was rediagnosed with epilepsy I started forgetting to take my meds every now and again so thats when I got a pill organiser. I had someone suggest to me to get a webster pack made up for myself each week but back then I was only on 1 med so didn't think it was really worth it at the time and the pill organiser works well for me.

Last edited:
All these pill organizers seem so useful ... I used to have one too. But I'm not really forgetful with pills - also, if I forget a dose, it doesn't do me any harm. BUT: these organizers are usually so ugly that they simply give offence to my eyes. I nearly got an impression that producers are competing who will make the ugliest one. ;-)

So, I was immensely happy when husband gave me a nice silver pill-box with mother of pearl inlay. My "organizer" went to rubbish immediately. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom