Please read - Just got back from visting Rae in the hospital

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Glad to have you back, Rae.

Take it easy and rest.

(((HUGS))) Ruth

Hooray, Rae! You are one tough woman. I'm so glad to see you back!

<<<<big hug>>>>

Please rest up and continue to get better. I'm sending lots of positive healing energy your way.

Welcome home, sweetie!

Here's something yummy for that sore throat! Now get plenty of rest. (((((HUGS)))))

GOOD-HUMOR-BREYERS-712.jpg

Oh yessssss

I'm sooooo happy to hear that you're doing better!!!

Take it easy, and when you get around to posting again, we'll be here!

:clap::clap::clap::banana::banana::banana:

So nice to see you back Rae. And yes, my wife is also a huge fan of being intubated. :paperbag:

Gladyou're back home, Rae. Hugs to you and Chad and to Chris(?) for keeping us updated. I've been out of the loop the past several days and wasn't really able to get oline, so I just saw this :(

WOWEEE.. so glad you are back WITH US NOW!!! :clap:

Rest..do what the doc says.. and don't worry..just know.. WE CARE!!

HUGS~!!!!

Warmly, Jan

thanks againe. still have dpuble visin an alll the pain the goes along with haing a tube dwon your thoaurt and a catherder. im head do ttoe in brusies and mad to high helll. the ytol me the most of my seizures are psudoseizures. I had a seizure on the floor of the ivu annd they left me there. seizing on th flooor i wasnt resoinding to ativan and have an allergy to dilantin. then they discharged me and put me pn gabapentin and valptoiv avid. I dicnt wanna take valproic acid.

I have dowb le vision and hallutionations and susicidal thought so i checkef mt selfyt back in lasy night and they say that amm faking my seizres. to vboot...i just got my car reposeessessed our wedding i scall off unit im better and we habve mo ney. i am so man that i am seriously having bad bad bad bad thoughts.

WTF? You've got to be kidding me!!!!! They say you're having pseudoseizures??!!??

That is so ridiculous, are there any other hospitals you could go to?

{{{ HUGS RAE }}}

Ok..hold on tight..we can help you.. at least offer the support you need hon.

PSEUDO seizures or nonspecific ones, CAN be ORGANIC or due to a physical cause...just not epileptically seen on EEG. SEIZURES are REAL no matter what their ORIGIN, ok?

Are you being treated by a Epileptologist or just reg Neurologists or Psychiatrists? Trust me if your symptoms are out of their field...they ONLY tend to see things IN their discipline. You need someone to think "outside the Box" so to speak.

Organic means something is going wrong with your brain. Just because THEY cannot see it..does not mean its not REAL, ok hon? Remember that.

I dont know your history..like trauma or whatever. BUT they like to treat things with MEDS and well..if you do not respond..then they are at a lost. REMEMBER often its a lack of the "right" test or evaluation THEY are lacking..or the right treatment.

Maybe your liver is toxic from meds or whatever chemicals..but may not yet show on a lab to tell them. Liver Toxicity can make you pretty sick...and you'd not know it.

But I am so sorry you have to even go through with this. At least you have the sense to go back into the hospital. Hallucinations ARE caused by seizures.. and suicidal thoughts tell me that chemically you are missing some much needed neurotransmitters.. or in some cases, too many, like Seratonin.

But know WE'll help you get through this. Try to think in the BIG PICTURE.. rise out of yourself enough to view the whole situation like viewing yourself from above..looking down at yourself. ASK to be guided by saying, " WHAT DO I NEED to be well again"?

ANyway.. sorry for all your losses. We're here for your fiance as well..please tell him that.

Sending healing vibes..and much love

Jan

hmmm, I would like a few minutes with your doctors and nurses for a little chat about throwing around words around like fake, pseudo and the hurt and hate that follow those words. Maybe they are a psuedo doctor?

get well soon sweetie

You have GOT to be kidding.

Just because it's not seen on an EEG, or whatevs, doesn't mean it's not a seizure. I'm guessing they didn't bother with any other tests... BIG SURPRISE!! I've met too many people who have gone through exactly that experience, and to see another friend go through it makes me want to scream.

/bitterness

I just re-read your post when I had more time at home -- jeebus! HUMUNGOUS HUGS from us. If there's something I can do, way out here, let me know.

Last edited:
Rae,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. And HUH? The DOCTORS ARE IDIOTS, IMHO. Every time a doc doesn't know what's going on they say "it's all in your head." They can't stand to think that they may not know everything, and that they may not have the answer. And they think you faked to get broken wrists, bruises, pain? We know you didn't. Those emergency room docs are NUTS. I'm just SO PISSED OFF FOR YOU! Let me at 'em! I want to yell at them for you~!

And don't worry about the wedding or the car. You have what's important, which is CHAD. And you have us. We're a motley crew, but we love you and are always here for you.

Are you seeing an epi, or just a garden-variety neurologist? It's time to get you in to see the kind of help you need. This is beyond the capability of a regular doc. And if he/she is an epi, find a new one. Get your PCP and/or neurologist to make some calls and get you in sooner.

All this is going to work out, sweetie. I wish I was there.

<<<Hugs>>>

Are you kidding? How could someone be faking seizures to the point of broken wrists or being intubated?? That is insane! I can't believe this is happening to you like this. I wish you weren't all the way in Canada because I would seriously go to this hospital and be your advocate. There is somthing very wrong with this picture. I'm so sorry Rae. This is just wrong. Letting you seize on the floor!!?? Telling you you're faking?!?!?! That's negligent to say the least.

Hang in there Hon. Just worry about your health right now. I know it seems hopless right now, but the financial stuff will get worked out. You are in a very dark place right now, but it WILL get better. Take care of yourself, and surround yourself with people who care about you. Keep communicating with them, let them know how you feel, don't feel bad asking for help. Jeez, I really wish I was there, if at least to give you a great big hug.

Maybe a small silver lining here, but just think, when you do get to a doctor with a clue and get this straightened out, maybe you could sue the pants off that hospital. :dontknow: :lol:

Are you kidding? How could someone be faking seizures to the point of broken wrists or being intubated??

I don't think anyone said that Rae was faking it. Jan4you had a great definition of pseudo-seizures are.

Back
Top Bottom