poison bread

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pete

New
Reaction score
I"ve Started to bake my own bread (by chance and nothing to do with trying to cure my szs problem). I"ve noticed the bread starts to mould on the third day. It is made from natural ingredients with no additives. Shop bought bread will last twice as long. Why?? Surely the answer is that added "preservatives" KILL mould spores!! I"m NOT an expert but does this mean "preservative = poison = not good for us"???. I"ve also noticed feeling a bit better since avoiding preserv"s but this could be pure coincidence. Also, I find it hard to find "safe" food, as even fresh fruit and veg has been sprayed with poisons!! Poison works by attacking the nervous system and thats not good and surely this includes "our" problem. Read the ingredient labels!! Has anyone any thoughts on this?

Well, I

would say it's NOT coincidence. Preservatives ARE poison. So, your thinking IS right....:)

And yes, it WILL be harder to find "fresh" foods, but it will be worth it in the long run.

On the other hand, you could always start growing your own stuff. OR you could, alternatively, try to ensure that the sources that you buy your foodstuffs from are as clean as possible, and then scrub them VERY WELL when you buy them......

Happy New Year!

Meetz
:rock:

Yes and Yes and congratulations.

We only buy natural breads without preservatives and always refridgerate them. If it's not spoiling within days when left out, you probably shouldn't be eating it (excepting whole grains and legumes which can be stored dry).

Exactly!!!
All the additives are very hard on the body. Additives = toxins in the body. Certainly not good for you in the long run. Our livers are having a terrible time ridding our body of toxins and can become overwhelmed at times, spilling them back into the blood stream.

Some people react immediately to the preservatives, and flavor enhancers. Many with neurological sensitivities are affected and don't even realize it as it can be an accumulation over time.

Seizures due to Ammonia

Common foods are attacking the brain with toxins

Last edited:
*chuckle* Hi pete! I used to tell people that with all the preservatives we as a population consume, I couldn't understand how morticians could continue to work. I totally agree...best to eat organic if at all humanly possible.

Hmmm. maybe. but doesnt mould = fungus in your tummy = you sick = you sue the bread company(=you get rich)?
they're just covering their a**. everybody does it.
But you're right about trying to eat organic food. Most of our produce here is organic (though that's starting to change). You will feel better. As for your veggie problem , do what we do - WASH THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN. don't buy stuff that looks too perfect , it probably been colored. I've eaten the stuff you guys get at your markets and boy are you missing out. i can guarantee that you have never tasted an onion in its full pungeant magnificence.

i can guarantee that you have never tasted an onion in its full pungeant magnificence.

I grow my own garden and enjoy every
bit of it - nothing like anything at the store
so I know exactly what you are implying!

<tease>
Can I call you "Onion Breath"?
</tease>

:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom