postictal clarity?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
it seems postictal I have a clarity
seizure clears the stress and mumbojumbo and indicates some things I can do to release myself: forget stress, forget minutae,...

it seems a lot of the time I make even the simplest daily decisions a moral dilemma, an inner significance of something pertinent
like the newer Batman movie where he needs to save the city or his girlfriend, but not both
but mine range from which flavor of yogurt to buy, how many steps and turns to take walking around at work...
I'm beginning to think ADD or a PTSD type of thing is coexisting (dilemma over what word to use there... covalent? there's a medical term for two conditions @ same time...) anyway
does this seem familiar?
likely?
post-seizure this "dilemma" quality drops ebbs lowers
and I like that about postictal
but also the same lack of concern may involve other things- like talking a bit gibberishy, going inward, meditative, "zoning out"
things which themselves I think now may even be aftershocks, but that's ok
I appreciate being able to write things on this forum
I do keep a seizure diary too, but post-seizure I want to let it go and not obsess, but here it's easier to not be too focused on it like that but still be able to record things for later.
peace

I wonder if the post-ictal sensation you describe is similar to what folks who undergo ECT (electroshock therapy) experience. ECT is basically a seizure administered in a controlled setting, used as therapy for people with serious depression. My cousin has undergone it, and while it's hell on the short-term memory, the "re-booting" does leave him with a certain clarity and calm.

I wonder if the post-ictal sensation you describe is similar to what folks who undergo ECT (electroshock therapy) experience. ECT is basically a seizure administered in a controlled setting, used as therapy for people with serious depression. My cousin has undergone it, and while it's hell on the short-term memory, the "re-booting" does leave him with a certain clarity and calm.

yeah - the thought of receiving an ECT is nauseating to me - but I see what you mean - and I don't know much about them to really know about them but the re-booting seems familiar with my seizures - thanks!

I know I often feel tons better following a seizure, almost 'rebooted', and I have OCD. I did read somewhere too that a seizure's purpose is to correct something metabollically wrong in the brain. Somehow I kind of believe it?

I know that seizuring in my sleep often helped me sleep better somehow the night it would occur too. I'd wake up with that nice, warm, well-rested feeling.

I know I often feel tons better following a seizure, almost 'rebooted', and I have OCD. I did read somewhere too that a seizure's purpose is to correct something metabollically wrong in the brain. Somehow I kind of believe it?

I know that seizuring in my sleep often helped me sleep better somehow the night it would occur too. I'd wake up with that nice, warm, well-rested feeling.

yeah me too - I'm still going through some wavering in that range - hopefully it quells soon

Back
Top Bottom