Potiga (ezogabine)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emilyjh5

New
Reaction score
Has anybody been on the med - Potiga (ezogabine) Tablets. I read it is a potassium channel opener, as adjunctive treatment of partial-onset seizures. I see it is supposed to be released in the US the end of this year!

Thanks! I will for sure ask my neuro about this one. I have possible SPS/possible migraine; maybe both. This one sounds like it could be a real advantage. And if I do have SPS, it certainly is refractory as I haven't had a single month free in over 3 years. I've just started on Lamotrigine, so I suppose that has to be titrated up to see if it does anything. Hasn't so far, but I'm only on the starter dose so I imagine if it's going to help, I won't see results until I'm at a therapeutic dose, whatever that is for SPS. It sure can't be the 50 mg I'm on.

Back
Top Bottom