q about problems with light

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So its too much to explain, so I'm just talking about a few symptoms at the moment, but does anyone who has problems with light have some blinking lights seem to be blinking in their head forcefully? I don't feel like trying to think of how to describe actual seizures at the moment, but talking about just a few minutes ago. Also making it more difficult to breathe, seeming engulfed by the flashing light. Also causing a physical reaction like my body wants to crunch up into itself or something, from the light being too intense. N its just a small light, on a grocery basket shopper thing blinking. A red light, for battery charge, but it seems much larger feeling in my body. Can't really explain. I already have a lot of health problems aside from that, n its pretty difficult to explain other problems that have been going on for yrs also, but that's just a somewhat idea of a few things. I've also had a lot of twitches and then actual full convulsions, not talking about this very moment. Like my body always feels like its moving so I'm not even sure if I'm twitching or not, bc so much stuff happens. N sometimes I feel like there's an earthquake when there's no, just feels like that. I've read this is a side effect to some medication I used to take, feeling like I'm moving when I'm not. Other times, I have neuropathy, n feel like I'm evaporating or something. Not actually evaporating, but the feeling of it. So it'd be hard for me to know if Ihave a seizure unless its a full 5 to 10 seconds or longer convulsion. Also I've told some to drs n have been diagnosed to epilepsy, but stoppd going bc didn't like the drs. I really wouldn't want to try to talk about things with other drs either, bc some seizures have been caused by meds, n they'll say they haven't been. Since prescribing dangerous meds is how they make their living. N id rather not deal with the hassle of some weird dr who doesn't understand anything n acts like meds don't cause seizures

If you don't mind me asking...you say you have other health problems do you mind expressing a few with we as it would help in case some of your symptoms maybe occurring from those also because some symptoms which we think could be down to our epilepsy can be linked to other issues we may have involved.

As I know this through previous experience with myself and other health problems...if you don't want to I totally understand but it does help members to try and help you with more advice :)

Back
Top Bottom