Question about auras, storms, and cluster headaches

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kyla

New
Reaction score
I've been feeling pretty awful lately. Having some troubles fighting this wave that has swept over me. Seriously tired, mentally hazed, with many of my episodes.
I was wondering if this had to do with spring coming. With spring, there's more storms. My questions is, has anybody noticed an increase in auras or seizures prior to a storm. I've noticed over the past year, days before a storm, I would feel more mentally off, more episodes than normal, lose of sensations, more random auras, etc etc and couldn't figure out why. Then a storm would happen and things would cool down a little after another few days. Does anyone else get this too? Is storms a trigger of mine then?

Also, does anyone else get cluster headaches? Is that related to my epilepsy at all? I get cluster headaches A LOT, usually once every 2 months and they last a week. But lately I've been getting them more often, one of twice a month. They typically start in the morning feeling like my brain is deprived from oxygen and blood. Or sometimes they start during the day. Either way, they last a week on and off. And they are always in the same spot (left front of my head). I can't help but think this could be some vital clue to my episodes since when I have one of my staring episodes, its the right side of me that twitches :ponder:

Input?

I have noticed that also. I have had migraines since I was 12 and first thought it was due to my period but then noticed when there was rain coming or major storms like hurricanes and nor'easters here in Jersey the headaces get worse. I asked my neuro and he said there is a correlation to headaces and the barometric pressure dropping. So I statrted to track them and the pressure. When Sandy hit us 2 years ago what a wild ride that was.

I had my first ever cluster of migraines last week (which my dip of a neuro thought were seizures until his partner disagreed and I know she was right). What I can say is that for me I'm pretty sure it was related to having a monster of a bad menstrual cycle (sorry to the guys reading this). The barometric pressure thing seems to make sense though.

Cint- my cluster headaches seem to be at random. Wether there's a storm coming or not. I will however have to look into it more with what you suggested about the low pressure systems in weather
tiggy'smom- My first migraine was in grade two at our school talent show with lights, couldn't see anything. Pretty scary. But yes, I'm wondering if mother nature is playing a role in my headaches and migraines when they're not caused from lights.
lindsayschu2- I hear the menstrual cycle can play a huge role in messing with a female's brain, especially in epileptics. Sorry to hear about your headaches

Noticed that I feel a little sluggish when seasons start changing and I have some nasty allergies with my sinuses. So that kind of attributes to me feeling weird that I know of. Do you feel more stuffed up or kind of feeling more yucky as spring approaches?

MTF- I wondring if it's the season change that's got me down lately and spiked this bad waves in my brain. As for your question, yes a little bit in the eyes, but thats because I have an allergy to the outdoors (trees, grass, ragweed, you name it) but nothing major at all. I've only noticed the major increase in headaches, and the overall terrible feeling like when things get bad. I see the docs on Monday so hopefully things will get cleared up and maybe some there. Thanks again my friend :)

Back
Top Bottom