Question for qualifying for an IEP

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I hope that the IEP goes well. Just remember you don't have to sign anything there that day if you want to take it home to read it.

Did you have a seizure? Is that was you are referring to in the last post Teresa?
Hope you are okay.

Good luck Teresa -

Make sure you read the IEP over carefully and if there is anything you do not agree with, you don't have to sign it.

Thank you. I think everything will be ok.They work with me and Alex.WE are a team. I have had those bad IEP meetings. NO More!! Now I will just stop them right then and there .Til I can get pave with me or something.I won't need it.But I will say a prayer anyway. Teresa

My son has an IEP, I changed schools because I couldn't get the former district to work with me.

My son has above average IQ, but also has ADHD, anxiety disorder, PTSD, and well you get my point.

I ended up working with the school and his pediatrican, and psych Dr. to get everything in place.

Now he's in a gifted class that is for children who are gifted, but have other disabilities, it'a only got 10 kids, and 5 teachers. He's doing so well and for the first time he loves going to school.

It can depend on so many thing, the school district, the teachers, unfortunatlly I've found that the "older" teachers just don't want to hear about any of this stuff.

It can take a long time and a lot of patience (which can be hard when it comes to your child).

Thank god the district we are in has a program in junior high, so Austin has been trying to integrate into some classes in 6th grade, and that will continue into junior high, so that hopefully when high school comes he will be able to handle it.

My thoughts are with You, I know it can be so hard when it comes to our children.

Back
Top Bottom