• Heat sensitive, but does not cause seizures

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Heat sensitive and causes seizures

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Not heat sensitive

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Katiered

New
Reaction score
Pick one from the top three choices, an one from the bottom three choices please!

To explain:

Headed out to deal with some errands and it ended up raining - and I ended up having a seizure! Made me wonder if anyone else has any issues with rain or snow falling causing seizures, or if the few times its happened so far have just been coincidences, and it's actually just due to sleep issues I've been having?

Also - I've read about heat sensitivity but haven't been able to find out exactly what that means. Can you guys shed some light on this please? I've always been *really* heat sensitive. Does it cause seizures for you sometimes?

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea, that's not a link I've ever made as a trigger to my suspected seizures (I've mentioned in other threads that I don't have a proper dx, but 99.9% sure that this is what these are upon describing them to friends who have partial seizures). So far the only factors I've noticed is sleep related (lack of, fragmented, etc.), oddly enough boredom so I try to keep myself occupied during waking hours if I'm not at work, and stress. I should pay attention to weather patterns, that's actually kind of interesting.

I don't know about heat causing seizures but my previous neurologist told me that I had L-carnitine deficiency and that the cold would therefore make me more likely to have seizures. I never did try L-carnitine supplements though.

I suffer really badly on hot days especially with the olfactory hallucinations. They can last all day. Also after a hot shower or pretty much anything to do with heat. I live in Australia. Maybe I should move to Alaska (Ha).

Im another one who doesn't think weather has a difference in my seizures,when they come,they come.

The changes in the barometric pressure don't bring on a seizure for me, but they do bring on migraines. When a low pressure system is coming my way, my head feels like it is going to explode.

weather has never seemed to be a problem for me - I love weather changes

Back
Top Bottom