Read if you need a laugh

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
After reading a post about home studies, I was reminded of my 24° ambulatory EEG experience. It seems worth sharing a light hearted story as this place is often heavy .

My boyfriend and I were both in the car accident that caused us both to have concussions, and both of us had to get this test done. We live an hour away so we booked back to back appointments to have the monitoring done. We arrived at 9 and two hours later we had all of our wires and our cute little white stocking hats in place. I hadn't thought about the fact that we would be driving home looking like twin robots with all these wires coming off our heads. I felt awful for the poor children that witnessed this.

Anyway, we were pretty stressed about the entirety of our whole experience so far so we decided to drive through one of our favorite neighborhoods on the way home to view the spring flowers and relax a bit. These are million dollar homes.

Of course a bee flew into the car. I was screaming and flailing around. My boyfriend came to a quick stop parked a little sideways and I jumped out flailing about and screaming is it in my hair as he was trying to get the bee out of the car with rolled up newspaper... both of us tangled in wires and looking insane!

I can only imagine how crazy we must have looked :)

Last edited:
I'm surprised that no one called the police on you two! Or at the very least, someone with a net :) Maybe if we are lucky, on of those homes has exterior cameras and you will become viral sensations!!

yes, it sounds like it belongs on Youtube... or on E-Tube (our own private epilepsy movie site).

I definatly want to see it if it comes out on you tube, just wish I was there.

Just tell any onlookers that you guys were just reenacting a bad 1950's robot movie...
I would have believed you... :)

Back
Top Bottom