Recovery cocktail

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lisa

New
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has a post ictal amedy to stop feeling like crud faster?
I *thunk* I had a or several seizures yesterdaylast night, and I feeel awful. I have taken some aleve, and have beed drunking water all day. I cannat shake thus hungover feeling, and I need to be for work tomorrow. It usully takes a couple days, but I want to feel bitter faster. Do vitamins help, or something? I wish these things would go away, im soo tired of it.

Hello, Lisa

Unfortunately, the only remedy I know of to get rid of the foggy, hungover feeling of post-ictal "ickiness" is several hours of solid, deep sleep. If you have an understanding boss, please call in to take the day off, OR re-arrange your work schedule w/ a co-worker because a day's worth of possible errors may be more difficult to correct than when you are clear-headed & can concentrate on your work. Take care! ~Ann

Last edited:
Post"icky" stage can linger, but gradually
improves / fades away. Your best recourse
is to sleep-it-off and rest as much as possible
and to avoid doing anything.

Headache is normal. If your Neurologist,
Epileptologist, or Primary Care Physician has a
prescription for you to take after a seizure, then
follow up with what the Doctor had ordered up,
otherwise, stay as advised accordingly. If you
have not been advised ~ then you need to have
a talk with your Neurologist or Epileptologist,
whomever is treating you, in regards to what
to do after you have had a seizure.

Postictal stage can vary depending on the
length and type of seizures you had, and the
recovery time can vary from as short as 20
minutes to as long as a week (aka Todd's
Paresis / Paralysis).

Usually a Mild Seizure, the recovery time would
typically be shorter than those who had Severe
Seizures (such as back-to-backs or Status).

BUT ALWAYS STAY ON YOUR MEDICATION(s) AS
SCHEDULED!

Hope this information helps.

Sorry I don't have an answer other than sleep, sleep, sleep. After the nausea is gone I also tend to eat, eat, eat, but I think that is just me.

We would love any suggestions from others!

My son sleeps also. Ater a few hours I may get some lite food into him and hes right back to sleep. When he does come out of it, usually about 24 hrs, he will be hungry and may have a headache.

My recovery program for him is to darken his room, keep the house quiet and check on him often. If hes stirring I try to get some juice or water into him.

After my daughters first and only grand mal, so far, she shocked me and was up and about within 2 hours and seemingly ok. She went to bed for the night 5 hours later. When she woke in the morning she had no memory of the hours I thought she seemed ok. Kinda shocked me and really that whole weekend she is missing events. Seems a few days later she really was back to regular.

joan*
still figuring it all out*

Back
Top Bottom