Revisiting Magnesium

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BA, do you have coconut water in the stores where you are?

I've found it is a really good way to get the magnesium and all the electrolytes into my system quickly. I've taken to keeping some cans by my bed so if I wake up feeling like I almost had a seizure coming on, I can chug some of that and go back to sleep very soundly. I often get headaches after one of these "rude awakenings" but the coconut water seems to quash that before it can get its teeth into my brain.

The other good thing about coconut water is that it is tasty enough, it probably wouldn't be difficult to get a child to have some.

Yes I can only try ..hopefully she will drink it.

She only drinks water, no juices, soft drinks, or milk.

I will be trying it out today.
Hopefully she will drink it otherwise I've got to think of some other strategy.
Careful with that k+. AB the coconut water has....

Smoothie shake ... ???
Dunno wait and see.

I must go get some,the water nice but tinned stuff is awful looks like lard...I wish bounty bars came under the good side of coconuts alas it dont

If the tinned stuff looks like lard (I'm assuming you are talking about coconut milk or cream here) it's because it's been sitting on the shelf too long.

There's a brand of coconut cream they sell on Amazon called Aroy-D. That's the one I buy because it has nothing in it other than coconuts and it comes in those air tight boxes. Not sure if they ship all the way to England.

Great news, my girl is drinking the coconut water, initially pulled faces when she tried it, but she's drinking it.. No smoothies needed.

Seagull, I see you like Bounty too, :) but it's not the ideal way of having the coconut..if only it was... Sigh.
I'm looking at a smoothie recipe..
This looks interesting..

330mls of pure coconut water
1lemon
1 cucumber
1pear
4 celery sticks
1 kale leaf.

Enjoy!

I not sure if can get it in uk but I going see what can get online..if anyone knows where get it from please tell me

Hi Seagull.
Unless you live somewhere remote.., you should have no issues in buying coconut water at your local health food shop, once you've got an idea on the best brands on what's the good stuff. Then you can try the local chemist and supermarkets should sell it.. But check those ingredients carefully.. Especially in those supermarkets..

Back
Top Bottom