Robin's Challenge - Question's and Comments

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
This is where you can ask questions (about my challenge), post comments and cheer me on :rock:

Here's to the power of sharing what I learn.

Cheers
Robin

This sounds really interesting Robin and I thank you for being so generous in sharing your experiences (both Rebecca's journey and now your own) with "paths less traveled".

What are you hoping or expecting to happen/learn from this experience?

I am currently writing the "Why am I doing this program?" and will report back.

Robin,

I know you need to have time to read the book to answer this question, but, is the diet suitable for vegans? Would there be enough plant based protein and still be true to the diet?

I'm very interested to hear how this goes for you. LOVE the bath component of the detox!

Yes very suitable. I heard that a lot on the call this morning

This is fascinating stuff. Along with your Challenge thread, are you keeping a journal of how you're feeling each day, throughout the day? Are you supposed to notice the effects right away or is there a delayed reaction after the 10 days?

I will do that over on the main "challenge" page.
This is really going to be a piece of cake. I will list what I will be making for meals. Granted I have a heads up on the others as I changed my food choices years ago with Rebecca. I wasn't entirely free of refined grains though, and I want to see if that gives me a healthier gut. My instincts say yes.

I thought, "Oh! I'll do the diet right along with Robin and get hints from her blog!" But no! I preordered on Kindle and it'll be delivered February 24th. It's on sale right now - more than half off. I'll have to travel the path after you. :)

That is great! I have known for a couple of weeks that I was going to do this which has been good to get my days prepared for what ever ... is. It is funny though how many people have asked if I want to get coffee or go out to dinner this week.
Proud that you are inspired to get your Blood Sugar balanced.

Seriously, everybody. The book is over half off on Amazon.com right now.

It was $28, now $12.74 in Kindle format
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Sugar-Solution-10-Day-Detox-ebook/dp/B00CO7FIOU/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1391124397&sr=1-3&keywords=blood+sugar+solution+by+mark+hyman"]Amazon.com: The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet: Activate Your Body's Natural Ability to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast eBook: Mark Hyman: Kindle Store@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511F2B2YuRL.@@AMEPARAM@@511F2B2YuRL[/ame]

You can read Kindle books on almost any platform - you just need to download the app. I have a kindle app on my android tablet.

Hardcover is about $20.

According to Amazon, the book will be released on Feb. 25.

I'll wait and buy the used print version. :) #oldschool #cheap #can't read screens

I am glad that I have the print version. I received it right before I started the program, and it was near impossible to read that fast. Being able to switch between pages, and put little post-its on the recipe section and the day I am currently on is a necessity. I think there might be a way to do that on the kindle, but haven't ventured to figure that out yet.

For my book review I can also make notes in the margins. I will have a few suggestions for Dr Mark when we wrap up.

Robin,

How did you get selected to be a reviewer and participant in the Dr. Hymans program? Oh, and how do you handle eating out at restaurants? I'd hate to give up going out, it is one of the few ways I have to get out of the house!

Continued good luck to both you and Rebecca!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom