Coping With Epilepsy Brian Othmer Foundation
Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Venerable Voice of CWE

"Running Motor" Feeling through out the whole body

Have any of you experienced this before?

I woke up this morning to use the restroom and went back to bed. Right as I layed back down again I had this feeling all through out my body! It felt like a motor was running. Like if you were to put your hand on a running motor of a car, or anything.... what you feel in the hand, I felt through out my whole body! It felt so weird!

Im just wondering if this could be a symptom of seizures trying to pop up or something to do with getting off of Vimpat? Im on day 2 of just being on Keppra XR and no vimpat.

Left Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Keppra XR (3000mgs)
Carbatrol (400mgs)
Add Post to del.icio.usNetscape this post!Stumble this Post!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator / Even Keel

Thanked 1,214 Times in 943 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I get something that is similar, but different. It's kind of a buzzing/electrical feeling in my whole body, kind of like what a high-tension wire sounds like.`(high tension wires are the very high voltage wires that run across big towers a hundred feet up) It's kind of like vibrating or buzzing like a bee, but different.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Venerable Voice of CWE

Originally Posted by Endless View Post:
I get something that is similar, but different. It's kind of a buzzing/electrical feeling in my whole body, kind of like what a high-tension wire sounds like.`(high tension wires are the very high voltage wires that run across big towers a hundred feet up) It's kind of like vibrating or buzzing like a bee, but different.
Did it lead to a seizure? I was feeling a bit "off" when it happened. Like my body was trying to work its way into a seizure.

Keppra XR (3000mgs)
Carbatrol (400mgs)
Old 04-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator / Even Keel

Thanked 1,214 Times in 943 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I get it on "seizury" days, sometimes it leads to a seizure, sometimes not. Sometimes I think this IS the seizure, because it has periods where it becomes really intense for a few minutes.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Venerable Voice of CWE

Originally Posted by Endless View Post:
I get it on "seizury" days, sometimes it leads to a seizure, sometimes not. Sometimes I think this IS the seizure, because it has periods where it becomes really intense for a few minutes.
Thats how it is with me too. Friday night when I went to bed, I remember feeling alittle dizzy. I took my Keppra XR before going to bed, and then at around 2:30am I woke up to feeling really funny..... my legs were feeling weird, like they were numb but I also had that motor feeling. I would try to move around to see if it would go away, but at times it would feel like the more I moved, the more intense the feeling felt. I eventually feel asleep again.

Then this morning I had the motor feeling in my whole body. It lasted for at least 5 minutes, and then faded away.

Keppra XR (3000mgs)
Carbatrol (400mgs)