RXRelief Pharmacy Discount Card - Does anyone know about this or used it?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dolores

Just Jump It!
Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I received RXRelief cards with my shipment from Swanson Vitamins. I tried to research them on the web (their site is RXRelief Card) because my questions are why did I get this, what will it cost me and just in general - why/what?

It is provided by HealthCare Alliance and the website says there is no cost to the user. There is a form to fill in (or phone number you can call) to get the cards. You can search to see if your drugs are covered (my Dilantin is but my Phenobarbitol is not). I checked on lamictal and keppra and they are both covered.

Haven't found anything definite about why they are doing this and I'm not absolutely sure they cover name brands (but they did have both Dilantin and Phenytoin listed so I'm thinking they are). Since I pay for my Dilantin out-of-pocket, I'm thinking I might try this. If you get medicine through your insurance they suggest you bring both cards (insurance & RXRelief) to the pharmacy to see which will give you a better deal.

Haven't read any real negatives except that it does seem too good to be true so there must be a catch.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard of this and possibly used it.

I've also received a card from these folks a while back - unsolicited and unexpected. I never took the time to investigate what they were all about, so I've never used it.

There's no free lunch. Usually these programs require some sort of annual fee, but this one doesn't (supposedly). Perhaps they are selling mailing lists or information about your purchasing habits - I don't know, but there has to be an angle.

Ive found that usually with these kind of prescription clubs, its for people who dont have insurance. With us, Im on my husband's insurance, so because we have his insurance, we cant use these cards. But I havnt heard about this one before. It may be different compared to all the rest of them.

The company's address is a UPS Store, which is a bit of a red flag. And there's this, from an online comment at http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchentable/msg020114212436.html:
Rxrelief DBA Healthcare Alliance is a company that used phishing and 3rd party mailing lists (magazine subscriptions, newspapers, etc.) to get list of multitudes of people's information. Follow ups from people claiming they received the discounts would be useful as most pharmacies listed on their website do not actually accept the card they sent in the origional mailing. You will fill out further paperwork that contains more personal information than your name and address. The user who commented about the link between the card's use and the information located on your prescription bottle is correct as well. Once your information is in their database they will sell your information as well. This is another way that criminals steal your identity and also ghost prescriptions are written to provide illegal abusers with medications and supplies. If you cannot afford insurance to help with the burden of cost for your prescriptions there are government funded programs and also affordable prescription programs that are legitimate business and will not sell your information. Using your pharmacy's prescription relief plan is legitimate, my pocket card is a legitimate prescription card, AARP offers a discount card, you can even check with the local medicaid office to see what programs they can offer. They do have programs for people who make enough to survive, but not afford costly prescriptions... If you receive something you did not personally inquire about - it is in all cases a SCAM... Shred the information and report the business to the FTC. If you have access to a legal team - give the documentation to them and let them handle these companies for you. DO NOT USE THE CARD.... It WILL give the company more of your personal information and you WILL be liable for any charges they DO NOT actually cover. You may pay a small fee when you pick up your prescription, but when the paperwork is filed and the pharmacy received NO PAYMENT from Healthcare Alliance - YOU WILL get the BILL...and unfortunately - medical bills do get filed on YOUR credit report if not paid in FULL.

Back
Top Bottom