Saw my Psychiatist yesterday

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jyearta

New
Reaction score
my psychiatist has written presc. for compounded Prozac.

I have tried all the anti-depression meds-non work for me.

He 1st. presc. Viibryd after a week or so I felt like I was going to have a seizure.
When I got the presc. filled at my local pharmacy, the owner told me that with Viibryd you can not take another depression med. if this doesn't work out for 10 to 14 days. So far this Pharmacies has helped me so much, next to CWE of course.

I asked my Psychiatist about this, he said that is not true.

Needing input if anyone has any out there. Thanks

I havnt taken more than 1 anti depressent medication at a time. Back in 2007, I was put on Lexapro because I had three kids under the age of 2, and I just couldnt handle it all. I was on that for a year and then weaned myself off.

But Id say if the pharmacist said not to take it, then I would be looking for a second opinion when it comes to the dr.

Sounds like your pharmacist knows his stuff...definitely worth a checking with your doc. Can you ask both of them to discuss it over the phone?

Sounds like your pharmacist knows his stuff...definitely worth a checking with your doc. Can you ask both of them to discuss it over the phone?

It was my pharmacist in July 2011, that told me it was my dilantin levels were to high, I needed to get in touch with my Neur. to ask for bloodwork, he was the 1st. person to tell about B-12 and that I needed it, again he told to get in touch with my neur. and ask for bloodwork.
I live in a small town and this is a small town drug store complete the soda fountain (I just had to add that part in)
He has helped me so much, and I trust him completely.

Back
Top Bottom