[GARD/GFCF] Seizure description...maybe can get a better idea of the type.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
This is how my fiance has described them...

Usually I pass out before hand. I do know I get a feeling of fear just before I black out. My breathing gets heavy and then my body will start to stiffen and shake. It is usually my right leg and both arms. I do have my eyes open sometimes, but its like I am completely spaced out. I stop breathing on and off through the seizures. I have no idea how long they last and he doesn't keep track. When I come to I am very scared and can't talk and a lot of times I can't really see when I first come to. My fiance is really good, he takes my hand and holds it and talks to me. I can usually nod and once I fully come to I can sign for water which is his sign knowing I am done although I usually still can't talk for 5-10 mins.

My seizures unfortunately started again today and i was home alone for most of them. I experienced my first concious seizures and it was really painful. I was very relieved when my fiance got home.

I had no idea what to put for the prefix thing...also I forgot to say before I come to from the seizures I usually am not breathing.

When u came out of it when were alone did u freak out or were u calm.b/c I have those seizures sometimes majority of time I pass out when I dont get real scared and have memory issues and normally get hurt cause I panick and ur fiance needs to start timing or recording cause of non breathing factor my wife does when she is home.

It is fine I understand. I always freak out when I come out of one though. I don't know why I am so scared, but its probably just part of the seizures affect. I will tell him to start timing them. When is 911 supposed to be called? That might be a good thing to know.

If it last longer than 5 minutes or in ur situation a fall normally its hitting ur head but u with baby.lol

Back
Top Bottom