Seizure Triggers

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have done better since I changed my meds from 2x daily to 3x daily.

I could crack so many jokes about the sex seizures....:angel: Fortunately, I married my best friend and I am indeed blessed. He deals with alot and I appreciate him. If I weren't physically stuck with myself I sure wouldn't deal with me!

Robin - I hope we'll be talking soon. I've mentioned before that I track everything and am using graphs and various tools to find correlations. Given the consistency in my life now and reduction of many triggers I am shocked that the seizures haven't decreased more. I know certain foods are an issue for me but I didn't realize how much. I've been experimenting with different foods, have noticed patterns and I've been reading more threads and opinions on the nutrition aspect.

Never durring sex but everything else and computers and oxygen. I need somebody to watch me now when I exercise. Greaaaaate.

Hmmm...Nakamova, I looked at that thread, and accdg to that one study mentioned, the temporal lobe folks had seizures more often in afternoon (between 3 and 6) and non-temporal lobers between 6 to 11.

Jon DOES have temporal lobe epilepsy, but almost NEVER has an afternoon seizure -- unless he's had a couple earlier in the day and gets on a roll. He more typically has them between 3 to 4 in the night.

That is interesting about the wake/sleep patterns and seizure activities. I have temporal lobe epilepsy and the TC seizures I've had were between 1 and 3 in the afternoon. However, my partial seizures tend to be worse in the morning/evening. I attributed it to when I take my medications. I take my Keppra at 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., and my Lamictal XR at night with my Keppra. I wake up between 6 and 6:30 in the morning and go to bed between 9 and 10 p.m. most nights. Most of my partial seizures tend to be between 7 and 9 in the a.m. and around 7-9 in the evening... Hence why I think the timing of my Keppra is part to blame. Maybe I should talk to my doc about changing my dosing schedule to take some of my medication in the afternoon.

Mine will vary thats where my epilepsy gets complicated I have all different types of E and can and will have one anytime day/night/sleep/awake.t/c s petit mals absence seizures non epileptic list goes on.my new epileptologists has a uphill battle.

I honestly have no idea what my triggers are. My mom thinks its fatigue and is always telling me to sleep more. I'm a college student and it's nearly impossible to get 8-9 hours of sleep a night.

my main trigger and its been like this my 8 years of epilepsy is either sleeping or waking up or falling asleep it has NEVER happened any other time

yes, that seems to be with Jon -- when falling asleep or waking up, not when he FIRST falls asleep, but if he's awakened during night. You know how a lot of people sort of wake up around 2 or 3 in the morning -- well, that's ordinarily when he has his seizures.

There seems to be times when his seizure threshhold is either higher or lower, and sometimes his "triggers" don't bother him at all, and other times, the least little thing will set him off.

The only thing that really triggered seizures when he was in a "high threshhold" stage (i.e. pretty much seizure free -- like for years) was cold -- swimming in cold water or being in a cold wind, or maybe getting too cold at night.

my sz's hit for no reason and it's been like that for ever.it's not anxiety it don't worry about having them where ever I am.I had my last one I know of Oct 7th whoopee.My seizures will never stop.

My seizure triggers are poor sleep and fatigue. Well of course, if I don't take my medications, I am sure to have seizures (complex partial seizures).

Many of my son's seizures seem to have no triggers but there is one evident trigger in food/eating. He often get's a tonic stiff cramp of even a tonic clonic seizure when he is just about to start eating or just after one or a few fed spoons of food. Does someone recognize this?

Like others sleeping,certain lights worry but other things with no reasons..sz sex no.If sex brought it on then I would be sz free

My doctor thinks lack of sleep but I have always noticed a correlation between stress and seizures as a big one as I havə had seizures during periods when my sleep is OK

Back
Top Bottom