Seizure type?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
This morning I got up at 7, took my meds then fed the cats which is something I always do every day. I remember doing this without any problems.

I went to get back in bed (which I always do after this) but it didn't seem right. I went into the bathroom and was going to take a shower but that didn't seem right either. Then I started thinking I had to go to school, I'm 39 and not in school, but couldn't remember what time I normally got up to get ready to go to school.

I'm not exactly sure of what all I did next but I know I kept trying to remember what time I went to school and if the bus was going to pick me up or if I had my car yet and I was going to drive to school.

My husband got home from work around 7:30, I don't remember him coming home. I asked him what time I got up in the morning and he told me it was around 10, which is when I normally get up, but I told him I needed to know what time I got up for school and he told me I'm not in school. I remember some of these things.

He realized that I was having a seizure and put me back in bed, which I don't remember him doing, and fell back asleep.

I was very confused during the whole thing and I don't know if I was having both simple and complex partial seizures, drifting in between the two, or if this was all one complex or partial?

Last edited:
If you're confused or don't remember huge chunks, then it's more likely to be complex partials. Either way, I hope you can get them to stop. :(

A number of years ago, I planted some Boston Ivys near a fence to provide shade from the sun.

I spent considerable time looking for the seeds. I had left them in a plastic bag in my truck near the passenger seat. I finally gave up looking for them.

A couple of months later, there were these new plants growing near the fence, not exactly where I would have planted them if I had remembered, but close enough.

This was my first experience of completely forgetting something significant. I knew at that point something was wrong with my brain.

Since then I tell certain people I have memory problems. I post notes, and forget to look at the notes; I misplace my keys endlessly (even though I try to pick a place to put them so I remember them). I misplace countless things all the time. I spend much time looking for things.

At least you have someone to look after you.

Back
Top Bottom