seizures or memory problems?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kathya410

New
Reaction score
I have complex partial seizures that usually come in clusters. However,on a totally different day I have problems speaking all day long. For example, my daughter took me out to dinner last night and through the whole conversation I must have stopped talking at least 10 times and needed to wait about 10 seconds before I could get the next word out. My daughter understands all about my epilepsy so I know she noticed what was happening. I even mentioned something to her about my brain not working right. Do you think this was by the epilepsy or is it my memory trying to grasp at words? Any opinions?

My guess would be that the word-finding issues are seizure-related. Do you know which part of the brain your seizures originate in? Left temporal lobe epilepsy tends to create more word-finding problems than epilepsy that originates elsewhere in the brain. And Complex Partial Seizures that have a focus in the left hemisphere are known to cause verbal language and memory problems between seizures (not just during).

Have you discussed this with your neuro? Maybe there's a med adjustment that can help.

This thread may be of interest:
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f36/frustrated-word-finding-9569/

Back
Top Bottom