Seizures and...Solar and Geomagnetic Activity?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think it's ludicrous to think that geomagnetic activity or that solar activity does not effect humans - and since epilepsy and seizures has a proven involvement with increased brain activity, sensitivity, atypical perception qualities, I find it absolutely reasonable

Since I was diagnosed I've actually looked into this myself and have had some positive and strange results

Another thing is what I've felt as a keen sensitivity to storm fronts and changes in barometric pressure, dew point, and since weather is obviously a change in electromagnetism around us (through changes in the pH in the air, so to speak, to the point of making water in the air that becomes saturated, which we call rain ;p ) and which is also evident in lightning

but back to what you are saying - how do doctors test for seizure activity in the brain? with a big magnet that encircles our heads, to put it simply, called an MRI device
and since earth isn't much more than a gigantic magnet, it seems obvious that brain activity that is evaluated by affect with magnets would in turn be sensitive to magnetic change considering it is an organ of sense

one can't see something without the thing being seen, afterall...

You couldn't have said it better. We're all 'plugged in' to the sun, so to speak. Like you, I'm also affected by changes in barometric pressure, temperature, humidity, seasons, even wind direction.

For this reason, I also have concerns about all the unnatural, man-made electromagnetic fields and microwaves in the environment (cell phone towers, wifi antennas) and refuse to use cell phones, cordless phones, and wireless internet.

Think about it though...the sun is constantly emitting radiowaves, and every so often the sun gives off a whopping Type II, IV, or 10cm radio event. Humans use radio to communicate, so I have to wonder what communications are occurring between the sun and every living being on earth when these radio events occur? Don't you ever wonder?

I wonder if overtones of combined harmonic frequencies may make frequencies occur within a human audible range
radio frequencies are very rapid, but when two frequencies occur there are bound to be some overlaps causing harmonic frequencies of some sort

ex: a frqz occurring at 1000 cycles per second and another at 500 cycles/sec would produce an 'undertone' freqz of 2 cycles/sec

now when these inaudible frequencies up in the 10,000s+ cycles/sec (above audible range) occur with others, by the same equation (simple math) there is bound to be audible noise from these overlapping signals

(I'm a musician, guitarist, waveform/midi/electronica so I play around with these harmonic frequencies all of the time)
(it's what the THX Dolby trademark sound does prior to movies- two dissonant harmonics converging to a common signal ratio
which is why the resolution of that tone is so spine tingling)
(perhaps why frequency noise that DOES NOT resolve is not spine tingling, but brain throttling to some suffering seizures - especially if they don't have a musical "ear" more able to innately comprehend and process noise sublimely
maybe not
but I sure get some tinnitus now and then
I can kindof ignore it at times but other times it is annoying
maybe that alien implant needs new batteries...lol)

I don't understand harmonics too well...no musical experience, and my brain isn't working today, probably because we're having a K4 storm right now. I do have perpertual buzzing in both ears.

You might be interested in this though...I have severe OCD (in addition to seizures), and I recently read a book about a little boy with OCD. It's called 'Saving Sammy'. Read the excerpt below. It sure sounds like this little boy could 'feel' electromagnetic fields and microwaves. I truly wonder if this is what's causing my own OCD?

'Saving Sammy - A Mother's Fight to Cure Her Son's OCD' by Beth Alison Maloney, pages 100-101(Published by Three Rivers Press, 2009)

...He told me the house was full of invisible walls. They sprouted like lasers in every direction, from electrical outlets, television sets, portable telephones, and DVD players. The beams formed a complicated series of barriers. He had to step over or duck under each one, depending on their location. They accounted for the Spider-Man-like-way he made his way through the house. He clung to the actual walls or, when he let go, moved like a thief after a protected gem.

We taped up all the openings from which the invisible walls might pop, but they managed to sneak through the tape. Even when the invisible walls were missing, he still had to go over and under where they might be. If he touched one by accident, he had to start the process all over again. Since the walls were invisible, he could never be sure whether he had touched them, so he went through the motions again and again...

Last edited:
Just a quick update...

...this morning at about 3:45am or so I woke from a deep sleep, started coughing a little, and before I could get to the bathroom, vomited all over myself...hair, sheets, and all. I'm not sure if vomiting is associated with seizures?... but my jaw clenching was horrific last night when I went to bed. OCD was bad yesterday, too.

I just checked Space Weather. Yesterday there was only one quiet sunspot. Today there are 2 sunspots, plus 2 emerging.

It's possible. I'm an amateur radio operator, and 1 of the major things you learn before you get your licese is how electromagnetism and sunspots affect things. There was a similar question awhile ago that I briefly explained how what are called secondary harmonics work. This could be similar.

Hmmm?...interesting. I think we are due for some thunderstorms later, too, with this heat wave. As crazy as it sounds, my symptoms always increase when thunderstorms are nearby, too.

There are ways to rebalance your body to help avoid this. It gets intense to explain. (I've been working with my herbalist who is also into reike, and a bunch of other such things for about the last 15 years, I still don't understand half of it). When too much energy (not just internal brain activity, but other forms of electromagnetic and other kinds of energy) are around you, or you around them, it can over load your body and cause shock in essence to your system which can cause a whole bunch of problems for people in general -in our case make seizures more likely. 1 of the best things that rebalances this.......lavender oil. I had a seizure after Mass 1 Sunday (the 1 place I thought I'd be safe!) :) and an M.D. I know on a personal level (I've know her husband all my life) seen me and was trying like heck to get me to go down by the E.R. and have my med. level checked. Well, after I convinced her to wait a minute, I took ONE drop of the lavender oil I carry in my pocket with me all over, rubbed it on my pulse on my wrist, and under my nose. In about 15 SECONDS -instead of the usual 20 or 30 minutes- I was walking around like nothing had happened! I'll never forget the look on her face! She's like: "What have you got there??!!" and I couldn't resist asking "Now....you being a physician and seeing something besides drugs and surgery, what's your opinion?" Stuck, and still with a stunned look on her face she goes; "Yeah, sometimes we don't look at everything we should." (She also seen the same happen with me at our church picnic a few months later, and once with her neice. All I can think is; How many more times does she need to see this?) :)
When your body is out of balance (could be from a thousand different things), major havoc can happen. The more I see things other than drugs and surgery working, the more I'm convinced that Someone has already given us everything we need, -more than we're aware of- who knew what He was doing more than we do. Too often we're just too egotistic and on too high of a pride horse to be willing to admit it.

oh my God I hope you're fine
on Saturday at about 1-2:00 at work I had a seizure
I'm interested to look at solar activity during that period

I'm also interested in the nagging suspicion that something is very f***ed up with my iPhone
this capacitant touch thing has had me wary for a while now to the point of wanting to dump this phone asap
it's a POS anyway - I'm sick of it
and it would make obvious sense to consider my job a trigger :-/ duhhh
I have still been ugggghh since Saturday

but for the sake of data and correlation: Saturday 21st May 2011 at about 1-2:00~

I've never tried lavendar oil? hmmm?...I actually have some oils in a drawer, but I'm not sure if lavendar oil is one of them? I'll have to take a peek. My sister is actually into Reiki, but it never seemed to help me? Maybe it takes several sessions?

I wonder though if this is causing today's seizures?...a K4 geomagnetic storm?...

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/warnings_timeline.html

Petox, on Saturday you had a seizure? May 20th we had a 'sudden impulse'...

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/archive/archive_16May2011.html

Last edited:
Reike is only 1 of the ways. Cranial Sacril is another. Herbs and Eastern ways take time....don't expect total results as quick as drugs. You HAVE TO get high quality herbs. Don't just go to Walmart and get some out of their candle section :)
Go look at www.naturessunshine.com that's the ONLY place my herbalists gets hers. I was at a care facility about a year ago (severe balance issues due to [regardless of what the M.D.'s think -or want to admit to], reaction to a potent drug I was given). A few times I heard the C.N.A.'s getting migraines. I'm like; "come over here". I told them to put a drop on where it was tight (90% of the time it's either the main artery along side your head or the corner of your jaw) and a drop under their nose. Each time, in less than a minute, it was gone!

I didn't have much luck with herbs in the past, but I'll check that website out...thanks. I've tried everything from colloidal silver to turmeric to get rid of my chronic Lyme Disease...nothing has helped. I have to admit though that my sister's Reiki-ing...nice verb?...did relax me. As soon as I left though, all symptoms returned.

Again, don't be impatient. Give it time. Be CAREFUL with that silver stuff! It can severely affect your skin if it's not the right stuff or if you take too much! (Ever hear of the blue man of Barnum and Bailey's circus?) Try lemon juice for lyme disease. (Sorry....couldn't resist!) :)

Colloidal silver didn't really do much for me, so I stopped taking it. I was only taking it back then because colloidal silver is supposed to help kill spirochetes, and I do have chronic Lyme Disease.

I was checking Space Weather though, and regarding that cluster of seizures I had on May 26th, beginning in the early morning hours (with a vomiting-episode seizure), read this, taking note of what is in bold.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today2.html

Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be predominately unsettled with occasional active periods, including isolated minor storm conditions at high-latitudes for day one (28 May). This is expected due to effects from the recurrent coronal hole high speed stream (CH HSS). In addition there are possible effects from the disappearing filament observed on 25 May. Quiet to unsettled conditions, with isolated active levels, are expected for days two and three (29-30 May) with continued CH HSS effects.

... Did the magnetic filament cause my seizure clusters early Thursday morning? I seem to not be able to handle magnetic filaments on the sun, though I often feel better once they erupt...probably because I eventually seizure?

Last edited:
Just an update...more seizures today...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I woke up confused, not knowing what day of the week it was (weekday? weekend?). I had several dizzy spells preceded by a funny taste in my mouth...almost felt nauseous, but I didn't throw up.

I went outside and tried to do yardwork, but I was sort of 'zoning' as far as pruning goes and not accomplishing much, walking around from tree to tree, but not spending any amount of time on any one tree. Had another seizure, too.

I then realized I couldn't remember why I'd bought 'pond pebbles', which is not me at all. I eventually remembered that I was going to scatter them under a tree. I had a few left over in the bag after scattering these under the tree and proceeded to scatter these 'extras' (pond pebbles) on top of my 'river stones'...this was also NOT me at all, because they didn't match, and I have OCD. I eventually realized what I'd done and began plucking them out.

Later I took a nap, and then I had watery diarrhea when I woke up.

As far as Space Weather goes though, this morning...

- 2 sunspots, 1 coronal hole
- The Dynamic Pressure was up, and the Magnetic Field Component was negative.
- Only C class flares now, but last night or early this morning we had an M-class solar flare and a 10cm Radio Event.
- The Proton Flux was elevated for at least a couple of weeks, but last night it began to drop for the first time in a while. (It is now rising again.)
- On June 14, 2011, a magnetic filament became unstable and erupted. The resulting blast hurled a bright and massive CME into space, which is due to arrive June 17, 2011.

I did hear that sun activity is predicted to be on the decline. Though I did Google lunar eclipse and emotions, and it says it is high at this time. I know I have always been affected by the moons phases.

The sun's activity actually was on the decline there for a while, but I think it was last year that the (much overdue) new Solar Cycle began, complete with sunspots...precisely when my seizures began to worsen and become more frequent.

Some unusual solar readings, including fading sunspots and weakening magnetic activity near the poles, could be indications that our sun is preparing to be less active in the coming years.

The results of three separate studies seem to show that even as the current sunspot cycle swells toward the solar maximum, the sun could be heading into a more-dormant period, with activity during the next 11-year sunspot cycle greatly reduced or even eliminated.
http://www.space.com/11960-fading-sunspots-slower-solar-activity-solar-cycle.html

I have noticed now that mine are in relation to lunar events as opposed to solar

Wow! Thanks for the article...it's very recent, too!

I read something a while back about a reduction in the sun's dynamic pressure, but Space Weather pretty much makes a big deal out of everything happening on the sun, and with recent sunpots, I didn't realize solar activity was still quite low.

Regardless, solar activity still seems to affect me. I should pay more attention to the moon, too, though.

Back
Top Bottom