self training saves life

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi folks
I know a lot of u already know me but I felt I had to write this to prove a point ,around 3 weeks ago I jumped out of my wifes van in order to go and rescue an injured dove , as I bent down in the middle of the road to pick up said dove when some plonker driving a 2.5 tonne transit van obviously thought I looked. Lia speed bump as he drove his van straight over me.
I now think what has saved my life was my ability to handle life while having a seizure as I saw on tv a few years ago that the automatic way a human body falls is to go rigid but that's how u get hurt , the program I saw was about the life and times of charlie chaplin who was famous for his acting and falling over and he said if you fall rigid you are like a china vase when you hit the floor but if you train yourself to fall like a rag doll they don't smash on impact they absorb it so u become a rag doll and you won't get hurt as much.
I believe that this is what saved my life when I got hit because after a while your body does this automatically when and where ever you fall. Yes I am in. Hospital after having my pelvis smashed in 3 places and. Bolted back together but I am still alive and I strongly agree that learning from charlie chaplin saved my life so think about it and maybe one day it will save you too , and for all those people who believe in bad luck how's this my date of birth is 18/6/66 yes 666 and all this happened on friday the 13th but hey I'm still here god may hate me but he's obviously not good enough to finish me off lol

P.s when I was brought into hospital straight after the accident my wife was told I only had a 40% chance of survival but here I am still laughing with you all from. My hospital bed

Back
Top Bottom