Shakes and Jitters from Vimpat?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bighealey

New
Reaction score
My head is shaking very slightly left and right sometimes. Just barley noticeable. I was trying to hide it from my wife but she called me on it. Does anyone have that side effect from VimPat? :ponder:

Head shaking in specific isn't listed as a known Vimpat side effect, but tremor is (usually of the hands or feet). Did the shakes start when you went on the Vimpat? Do they happen all the time, or at the same time every day? Does anything make them worse (like fatigue or stress), or better? Can you control the shakes and get them to stop?

Does the Vimpat fully control your seizures? If so, you could ask your neuro about slightly reducing the dose to see if the head shakes go away.

Thanks. I don't know if it is tied to Vimpat. The only other med was Keppra which caused rage. My seizures are under control for now (3 months). If I notice them I can stop it. Maybe these are tremors. I have them right now and it is a bit annoying. I must look like I have another malady like MS or another neurological problem. I am able to hide it from everyone except my wife (I work from home). I am afraid to reduce my dose because last time I had a seizure when the dose was reduced and I missed one dose.

Back
Top Bottom