Sharp Pains In Temporal lobe area?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
So last night Im laying in bed, and get woken up around 2:30am... with this sharp pain in my right temporal lobe area. Now my seizures are located in the left temporal lobe. So when this occured, It at first scared me. I didnt know what was going on. I immediately applied pressure to the area, which did help. But once I took my hand off from that area, the pain increased. I got scared, and thought what the heck is going on?

So I woke up the hubby, asked him to get me some ibuprofen. I kept thinking what If I get up without him knowing about this, and I walk out to get some medication, and the worst thing happens... I collapse or have a seizure... or anything bad happens? I mean I would be out there all by myself and everyone would be sleeping!

So that was the reason why I woke him up. He got up, got me some ibuprofen and I took that. I layed back down again and must have went back to sleep. When I woke for the day it was gone.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? Im so use to having everything happen on the "left side" since thats where my seizures are located at. I just got kind of worried when this happened for the first time on the right side.

I always got a knife like feeling to the ride side of my head. Oddly enough, always in the temporal area. The older I got, the less intense it was. I used to have to sit down and get my mind clear. No clue what to accredit it to.

It was going on since I was 13, then started to hit the exact spot on the left side, shortly after I had seizures. Never had a seizure after these pains, so that confused me.

I wish I had some better knowledge of what this could be, sorry.

I get them too, they're called ice pick headaches. Most of the time they only last a few secs but if i get a few in a row i get an aching head from it.

Makes me wince and hold my head it's so strong >.<

Ive had them on the left side of my head. When I brought it up to my dr in august of this year, he didnt seem too concerned. But then when it happened on my right side, I got scared.

Sharp pains occasionally here, too. Feels like they're right of center in the brain and leading down the spine. Very quick, very sharp, very random. Usually only one or two at a time.

They haven't gotten worse over the years, but they haven't gone away. Thankfully, they're pretty rare for me.

I get them too, they're called ice pick headaches. Most of the time they only last a few secs but if i get a few in a row i get an aching head from it.

Makes me wince and hold my head it's so strong >.<

i did not know this...that explains alot,because only last short time i did not give it thought i get migrain more

Back
Top Bottom