A site on epilepsy...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

It's pretty obvious that that whole site has been copy/pasted from a variety of sources, some of which are better proof read than others.
Some sections of the site refer to "dialing 999" while others refer to "calling 911" which makes it clear that some bits are US sourced and others are European.

The fact that nobody noticed the discrepancy between the two leads me to believe that the site as a whole has not been carefully proof-read.

That and arranging for a treat so you can keep your aviation route open. (And MANY more like those examples.)

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that that whole site has been copy/pasted from a variety of sources, some of which are better proof read than others. Some sections of the site refer to "dialing 999" while others refer to "calling 911" which makes it clear that some bits are US sourced and others are European.

The fact that nobody noticed the discrepancy between the two leads me to believe that the site as a whole has not been carefully proof-read.

That and arranging for a treat so you can keep your aviation route open. (And MANY more like those examples.)

AlohaBird,

Since your an ex-teacher how about you proofread all my future posts before they go out????? :ponder:

My attempts to help got thrown back in my face for the whole first page of this thread.

One of the things I appreciate so much about CWE is that the only ads allowed are the one banner at the top which are more like public service announcements to the E community. Bernard and Co. are not making any money off of that.

The new site, in addition to having some really sloppy editing and being completely incomprehensible in spots, is very heavily "monetized" with ads selling solutions for other health conditions such as asthma and insomnia.

I don't think this is a good way to keep the focus on reliable information specifically for epilepsy.

So, no, I don't think I want to be a part of that site.

do it matter where things are sourced,most people work out whats good info some countries more jenned up on certain things than others it good to know whats out there.
The 999 or 911 as it happens Britain have been subjected to so many American cop shows that kids now phone 911 and the call is taken,not sure what that says about us all

Back
Top Bottom