Sleep seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I think that I might be having seizures in my sleep now too but I'm not sure because I've never had them before.

I'll wake and not feel right, sort of light I just had a nightmare. My stomach won't feel good, sometimes my lips will be tingling and I might be a little confused. I sleep alone so I don't know if I'm doing anything else.

Could this maybe be a seizure or am I just not sleeping good?

It is possible it is a seizure, but it's hard to know without further investigation.

I used to be a sleep tech (who ran and analyzed sleep studies for people with potential sleep disorders) and one of the things we were trying to see was whether people with sleep disturbances might be having seizures in their sleep. Other sleep phenomena can make you feel weird, too, including panic attacks, REM disorders, night terrors, sleep apnea, and other issues.

Actually, my seizures (which are not definitely diagnosed--likely temporal lobe epilepsy) mostly happen at night when I'm in bed. So it's definitely possible.

If your episodes affect your quality of life or sleep, you might consider seeing a neurologist who is knowledgeable about sleep disorders and epilepsy.

Edit to add: I guess you're probably already seeing a neuro if you have so many posts here. This is definitely something to bring up with your doc.

I woke up feeling like crap today: nauseous, time-phase-shift type of feelings, time-blanking feelings, head and neck ache, my arm was numb, woke up perpendicular to how I went to bed, nauseous, was very confused and panicked this morning about finding my glasses (they were right next to the bed! where did they go! they're lost! my girlfriend is playing a trick on me!), until about 20 minutes later when I remembered I wore contacts yesterday and my glasses were in my bag all day, I was 'recalling' very disturbing dreams..but it's more like I was in a dream on and off... I assumed it as a seizure hangover... and it's like my girlfriend was waiting for me to mention how I felt before she confirmed I was having one at night.
I'm still having these feelings recur mildly, five hours after I woke up
yuck

I think that I might be having seizures in my sleep now too but I'm not sure because I've never had them before.

I'll wake and not feel right, sort of light I just had a nightmare. My stomach won't feel good, sometimes my lips will be tingling and I might be a little confused. I sleep alone so I don't know if I'm doing anything else.

Could this maybe be a seizure or am I just not sleeping good?

Back
Top Bottom