Sleepy seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MamaDuck4

New
Reaction score
After some of my seizures even the petite mal I get so unbearably sleepy. It's one of the only ways to tell. The odd sensation seizures and absent seizures prolduce such a similar effect as the grand mal. Is that normal? I know o have seizures I'm unaware of though too. My grand mal sometimes lack auras and I only realize I've had one when im extremely confused and sleepy sporting major bruises from whatever ingot when I fall.

Another thing.... how can you tell they're getting better?

It's pretty normal to be sleepy after a seizure. :) Also confusion and disorientation are common as well.
The word I tend to use is "exhausted". Especially after a tonic-clonic.

Define "Better"?
Ideally, they stop. :)
Sometimes one can tell things are getting better by duration and intensity slowly reducing. Ideally, this will also lead to a complete stop to the seizures. That depends on the person, the treatment, and how they respond to it though.

Exhausted is perfect. I did research for the first time last night. Glad I did. Now I know what types of seizures I have (when aware) and types Df reports me having. Starting a seizure journal today. Also talking to Dr about med change. I can't take the anger anympre

Back
Top Bottom