So my new neuroshrink

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So Finally got a DX!
I have seizures! and a mild form of PNES.
The new neuro actually listen and is looking at over 300 plus papers I brought in of med records and my seizure journal, and listened to me and my wife and my kids that are old enough to talk about what happens to me when I have my seizures.
He's ordering med level blood work and when that comes back he plans on upping my keppra to 750 2x daily and maybe lowering my topamax and maybe adding something new to the mix, ordering a MRI for paresthesia and to look for lesions on my brain since my legs and hands go numb all the time and going to help with my back pain also.

He's going to help out more than my last one Thnak youall for helping out and telling me to get a 2nd opinion pushing me to keep a detail journal even if I thought it was small or stupid.

I did forget to tell him some things since I did have my kids but he did listen and got the jist of things and more will be said in future appointments, and he looked over my 17 year old med record from my bicycle accident and chose to use that as a deciding factor as a starting factor as you have seizures and the MRI may help him decide if I have E since my brother has E as well and he's going to use the MRI to rule out MS as well.

So thank you to everyone, and here's to looking to the future and hoping to less seizures once bloodwork comes back!
:clap:
Mike

Excellent news!!
:woot:
Glad things are starting to look up my friend. :)

Thank you my friend!
and same here now just waiting till monday and tue for the other test to be done so I can get the results to be done I'm really waiting ffor the MRI to be doen so I can find out what's going on there ya know?!

Okay... whats his name and how far is he from California :) LOL

I am so happy for you. I hope it all comes together, decreased pain, increased seizure control, and a better life for you and your family.

I have one question. Did you mean you have E in the first part of your post?

He's saying seizures for now and after he see's the MRI and looks for MS and tumors and E then he'll make a further DX but for now he's giving me a DX of seizures and a mild form PNES, unlike my old epi doc , of just PNES, so finally getting somewhere yeah!
and he's smack in the middle of the US! start driving! JK julie
He's actually trying to help and find out what's going on with me in as short of time frame as possible inlike my other doctor, who wanted to drag his feet and take his sweet time and I found out my new neuroshrink was in residency with my old epi doc and I said "i;m sorry hopefully you weren't friends" he stated "just in the same group" I told him "she didn't like me and the feeling was mutual rofl", but everythign went very well and thank you everyone for everything and hopefully tuesday the MRI shows him what he's looking for!

Mike

Mike, that just sounds sooooooo promising! I'm happy that you and your family are heading in the right direction in terms of your diagnoses and treatments.

Hi Mike,
That's good news. I'm glad your appt went so well :).

that is awesome! I am so glad that you were able to find someone that you feel good about and is listening to you. Keep us posted and let us know how your tests turn out!

Applause applause applause!
How wonderful to have a neurologist listen. Really listen. I really hope you don't have MS but I do hope the tests bring answers that aren't too life changing in any negative way. You have enough to handle as it is!
I hope the changes in the meds bring some immediate relief your way.

Fingers crossed and keep us posted!

Thanks LJ-Bain,
Honestly any answer brings me closer to finding out whats causing me pain so right now an answer in an answer but I know where you are coming from!
Thanks mike

Back
Top Bottom