some positive news from the consultants :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rhiz

New
Reaction score
hey all haven't been on in a while
first off apologise if this is the wrong section, a bit rusty see!

as i've posted before, i've been on lamotrigine for a good 2 years now and my myoclonic jerks have got severely worse
so we went to see the consultant the other day and they kept insisting on epilim, which as a young woman will never be my first choice, until i suggested keppra aka levetiracetam which they said would probably be a vast improvement with less seizures

i'm really hopeful now even though it threw me a bit when they said it was a slightly new drug and may have unknown side-effects yet i'm still staying positive :)

i'm hoping to be a year seizure free before i hit 17 so i can start driving at the same time as all my friends now :D

My neurologist LOVES keppra. She said it has worked for most of her patients. When she put me on it I managed to go 3 months
without a tonic clonic seizure, but then things went back to normal for me.

Everyone is different though, so I hope it works out for you! Good luck!

Hey now,

how's it going, rhiz?? Glad 2 have you back!

And it's great to hear that you might be able to get some control with Keppra!! Be sure to take some B vitamins with that.....B Complex would be great, or just B6 in a pinch. Reason? Keppra is known to cause mood swings.....aka "Kepprage" and the B vitamins help combat that...

My neurologist LOVES keppra. She said it has worked for most of her patients. When she put me on it I managed to go 3 months
without a tonic clonic seizure, but then things went back to normal for me.

Everyone is different though, so I hope it works out for you! Good luck!
alot of people do seem to like it! i'm hoping it'll work well for me
i hope you get/got those tonics sorted though :(x
how's it going, rhiz?? Glad 2 have you back!

And it's great to hear that you might be able to get some control with Keppra!! Be sure to take some B vitamins with that.....B Complex would be great, or just B6 in a pinch. Reason? Keppra is known to cause mood swings.....aka "Kepprage" and the B vitamins help combat that...
its not been going too great until i got that prescription im afraid :( i've been falling up and down stairs recently because of my shakes ;x its nice to be back and update myself though :)

i did remember reading about kepprage! i shall look into getting some B vitamins thank you very much :D

Back
Top Bottom