Somebody at salford royal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Buddy's owner

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Has made a big mistake with my meds. They should have given me the slow release tegretol they gave me the fast release. It's not my old neurologists fault he only wrote the letter, it's somebody elses fault but it's not our fault, somebody there is at float. I'm not doing well on fast release tegretol my legs feel really shaky which only happened when I started the fast release tegretol. Going to get that sorted. What was I saying about really useless crew. Never had this issue with the slow release tegretol. Turns out I was always on the branded slow release tegretol, I thought I was always on the unbranded slow release tegretol.

Oy! I hope it can get straightened out quickly.

Sorry this happened. I don't know how it works in the UK or Commonwealth (culturally, professionally, etc), but in the US I check the pills when they hand them to me and won't take them home if they're wrong. It's happened frequently. Sometimes I have to make a bit of a scene, talking loudly, describing a seizure, etc. I've made many calls to the doctor and insurance right there in the pharmacy. One time I was traveling, forgot my pills, and had to take what they had in stock. I'm also on Tegretol XR, but all they had was regular. I felt terrible, and that was only for a day. When I was young I took regular, but I was used to it.

Not having much luck am I. Seizure a few weeks ago, back on meds, right meds wrong release. We are phoning the doctors on monday to get the slow release tegretol. At least they managed to put me on the right meds, if they put me on keppra or something I'd have said excuse me tegretol is what he said he wants me back on if I have a seizure.

Like Matthew says, keep being the squeaky wheel until somebody gets it done. I hope it gets sorted soon.

You could always threaten to sic Buddy on the neuro. :)

It's not may fault. He's a trained medical alert dog and when my safety is threatened, I can't be responsible for what mayhem he might cause. :)

Back
Top Bottom