A specific substance....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I saw alot of recipes on the sticky but am curious about one thing. Is there, that anyone knows of, any substance/ingredient that, in a known way, actually diminishes the chances of having a seizure.

It would be a very thought if someone could just pick certain foods that would diminish seizures just like not eating grapefruit helps.

YUM wouldn't that be nice.

Dogtor John believes if we eliminate certain "food" products from our diets we would reduce seizures, and perhaps stay disease free.

I think the problem here TexasTravel, is that there are many reasons that people have seizure disorders. From vitamin and mineral deficiencies, to viral infections, accidents, and birth defects (I know there are others this is just a cross section). So a one stop shopping trip just isn't going to cut it. It is not different than what the autistic community is dealing with and that is a puzzle. Now I have been hearing lately that Downs syndrome can perhaps be eliminated by supporting a metabolic imbalance.

I think we are on the verge of some incredible medical discoveries. This might not make the pharmaceutical companies happy, but I am sure they have some ammo in their pockets.

Don't I know it.
I have spent aloooot of time in hospitals in Houston, from Bluebird to Methodist to St. Lukes and several more. I have had friends die in the same room as me, 10 feet from me, with the exact same condition that I have.

I am just wondering if someone, for whatever reason, ever just happened to find a substance, ex. bread, that affected/slowed down the chance of a seizure. Even if it has nothing to do with someone elses type of seizure, it might give doctors a ballfield to start in.

The Stuff

thestuff2.gif

I think we would be running to buy stock in that product if there was such a miracle.

Back
Top Bottom