Square peg round hole

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have a lot of confusion here. I received a letter 2 weeks before 3/31 that my medicaid was being d'c. I was asked to provide them (medicaid) with a letter stating that I was denied SSI nearely one year ago. My 1st question is if they have that info why did I have to provide them with that. So I Made the effort to get the copy and went to social services and prvovided the\m with the info. I was blown over to find out that my healthcare was non-existant as of 3/31 and it WAS MY FAULT!! How does that work? I then was offered an application to fill out that would put me into the "aca" and as I was told most likely "reactivate" my existing card. In the meantime the next 60 days, no answers how I am to pay for nearly 600 bucks worth of meds. And the best punch in the giut of the day, I may be responible for the back over pay of medicaid over the last year tht I was not aware I was not disabled as per the state so I may have the state come after me. I spent my career as an advocate for patients and now the state is making it nearly impossible for me to live and fight for myself. It makes it easy to want to gice up!!!

Bureacracy in action. I hope you can get someone on the "inside" to help you out. When the government works right it's wonderful. When it works wrong it's truly a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom