Stacy is in the (Neuro) ICU

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
She went status Saturday morning. Had 5 tonic clonics over a period of ~3 hours without ever regaining consciousness. ER pumped her full of ativan and the seizures stopped. She did aspirate a little so they intubated her.

nICU hooked her up on vEEG and is monitoring her Dilantin and brain activity.

She had no seizure activity Saturday night / Sunday morning, so they extubated her Sunday ~lunch time (after testing her respiratory capacity - which was good). After extubating, they stopped the sedation drugs.

Last night she was drowsy/tired, but she would open her eyes from time to time and was responsive to conversation (nodding her head, hand gestures, etc.).

Her white blood cell count was very high and she was running a low fever. They have her on anti-biotics.

I'm heading back to the hospital today and hoping she's doing better.

We're still not sure why she had the seizures. ER claimed her blood Dilantin was 8.5 on arrival (10 is therapeutic), but Neuro in nICU claims ER didn't know how to adjust the number for albumin protein and it actually was 12.x. ???

Sorry to read this Bernard!! :( Wishing Stacy a speedy recovery, and hope you can start getting answers.

Bernard

I am very sorry to hear this, Stacy will be ok though I just know it so try keeping your spirits up and keep us informed.

Bernard,
I'm sorry to hear about stacy and I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Belinda:hugs:

Fingers crossed for you and Stacy. This has to be pretty scary. I'm glad she seems to be pulling out of it and I hope her stay in the hospital can be over soon. Keep us posted. Best to you both.

Bernard,

Give my best to Stacy. Sorry to hear she's going thru this nightmare (and you, too). Hang in there and my thoughts will be with you both.

so sorry to hear bernard, i can't imagine what you two are going through. she's lucky to have such a strong man in her life and will thrive through this because of it.
HUGS and pls keep us posted.

:hugs:

Hope Stacy recovers soon Bernard,what a shame,thinking off the two off you and sending you my best wishes.

Bernard,

I'm so sorry Stacy went into status and is going through all this. Epilepsy can take a simple situation and make it serious in an instant. And how extremely hard for you. <hug> She is so lucky to have you beside her advocating for her and loving her. I'm sending positive energy to help with a quick recovery.

Endless

Thanks everyone. Good news. Eeg came results for last night were clean - no seizure activity. She's being discharged and coming home. She's alert and doing much better.

fumble fingered from my phone - tapatalk

oh good good good. thank you for letting us know, we all were holding our breath for you guys. hugs and more hugs bernard, to stacey too :)

So glad Stacy is OK.

Sometimes the hardest part of having seizures is the random recurrences that we don't know why they recurred.

If nothing else, make sure Stacy knows that there's a lot of support here for her (& you too).

Glad to hear Stacey is home and doing better. HUGS to you both!

So sorry to hear you both went through this, but so glad to hear she is at home and recovering. Sending healing thoughts to both of yoU!

BERNARD

It is so good that Stacy is coming home. Make sure to tell her we were all asking for her.

Glad to see Stacy is going better & will be going home, sending my wishes & thoughts from Aussie

I'm so sorry this happened. I'm glad she is home, though.

You mentioned that her white blood cell count was high and that they put her on antibiotics. Hopefully, they will knock out whatever might have triggered this.

I'm so sorry to hear about Stacy. That must have been so scary. I'm glad to hear she's doing well now and gets to come home. I'm sure she will be much more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom