starting a blog.. need general info

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

morgan86

New
Reaction score
hey everyone im working on a blog about my epilepsy for the first time. VERY nerve racking but i feel its time i shed light on whats been going on to those who are close and are confused or those who are confused about epilepsy in general. maybe to help answer questions. it'll be on blogspot but i'd like to start it off with general info. like the definition of a seizure. of epilepsy... some statistics.. its amusing that im epileptic and have been for quite a while but some basic things escaped my memory. so can anyone give me links or what they know as the actual medical definitions for this stuff. i want m y blog to start out as accurate as possible.. i doubt it'll be read by many people but.. i would appreciate you guys' help anyways.. also i'd like permission to post this link on it

Epilepsy is a neurological condition, that affects the nervous system causing seizures and other problems.
A seizure is a sudden surge of electrical activity in the brain that usually affects how a person feels or acts and sometimes consciousness and coherency for a short period of time. Last i learned, there are over 40 different types of seizures. i dont remember the exact statistics but its way more common than one realizes.
The seizures in epilepsy are sometimes from brain injury or inherited but some of the time the cause is unknown.
A person has to have atleast 2 or more seizures spontaneously to be diagnosed with epilepsy. They are usually diagnosed with an electroencephalogram (EEG) which sorta measures the electrical activity in the brain. the activity can occur in several different areas. often the type of seizure depends on where in the brain the "lightning storm" hit.

k thats wut i have so far. think thats accurate enough? am i missing any key points? im no doctor or neurologist. just a person diagnosed. this blog isnt to inform in stone so to speak

goodluck on your blog.....sound good so far.

the only thing I would remind you is to site where you are finding your information. You don't want to get in trouble for plagiarising.

I think it is great that you want to educate others!!

Good luck

with your blog, I think you're going to do quite well with it.

As for you using a link to CWE--double check with Mr B (Bernard), but I don't think he'd mind in the least. :) Especially for what you're doing.

Good luck! I like the way it sounds so far. You may want to add that it can happen at any time during your life and also mention seizure thresholds.....

Good luck with your blog.
It is expected with blogs that links will be shared. No need to get permission, from my many years of blogging about my art. I have never been asked to take a link down, but I have been asked to add a link.

I have also found blogs to be a great way to journal. It reminds me where I was a year ago, or four years ago. It also is a wonderful way to keep all of the information you run across and don't want to lose.

Good luck with this.

thanx everyone. yea its going to be like a journal. from the point of view of soemone with epilepsy. hopefully shedding light to those who know me and didnt know THAT about me.. people who have teased me in the past and made my life hell. maybe they'll think twice before they create the same pain for someone else with the disorder. and also incase anyone out there has just been diagnosed and is looking for a friend and find similarities in my story and theres..

been here for a while but i just started a blog

http://clearskyz86.blogspot.com/

did this for fun and to get things off my chest. sry only 2 posts but i just started it. its basically incase any of u out there find that your in similar sit. and no one to talk to.. another way to msg me and find out a more detailed version of wut i went thru. check it out if ur interested

I added the blog feed to your profile. There is a link under your username (in every post you make here on CWE) pointing to your latest blog post now.

The background image on your blog makes it hard to read any of the text in the right hand column.

ok i'll fix that right now. yay! thanx for adding it to my blog there for me!!!!! unfortunately the other folks i know wont be interested enough to read it on like fb and that stuff cuz the only other epileptic people i get to chat w/ is on here :-D

I think it is a great that you have started a blog! The more info out there the better. I was only diagnosed a couple of years ago age 27 so I didn't have to go through any of what you did at school and I feel very lucky for that but my little boy also has epilepsy and the thought of him being left out of things or picked on because of epilepsy scares the crap out of me. I'm all for education so keep on blogging!! Also when I was diagnosed I knew nothing or no-one with epilepsy and it was difficult to find a place for support so to find this site and hear people's stories was very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom