Still can't sleep

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I was just reading the post about 10 reasons to fire your doctor and I have 7 out of 10 of those reasons. Does anyone here have a home health aide that comes to stay while you are or your loved one is alone?

My husband has been missing work and him & my son are terrified to leave the house if I will be left alone.

I called my insurance co. & they said they'd pay if my Dr referred it. I called my Dr and they asked me my own question as if I was crazy. She said she'd have the something (couldn't understand her) call me back. No one ever called. I will call tomorrow.

I am not expecting to have any problems with my EP for another week in a half (When it's closer to my period) I just can't get over how good I feel for TWO DAYS in a row! :banana:

Easy for me to say, but it seems like you might try to do some relaxation exercises.
I leave my 16 yr old alone all the time. I don't leave her in situations that would be dangerous, but she needs to learn to be alone with it. She is fine with the independence.

Keep reminding yourself how good you feel.
Have you looked over Bernard's chart of alternative therapies? Perhaps instead of waiting for a seizure to happen, if you were feeling proactive in trying to become as healthy in every way possible you might see more "good" days. IMO

Lovies....

What a drag place to be......I understand your situation. However, I feel Robin is right in that you should not 'anticipate' it or 'count the days' so much!

Live happy!......get yourself stress-free!....it might not cure but it can sure help!

Peace and good luck!
:rock:

Thanks guys! Yes, I have an appointment on the 8th to see a counselor. I know I need to be more proactive in my attitude (one of the reasons why I am here) I just feel bad for my family...I want to lighten their burden. They feel like they can never leave. Even though I tell them I'll be fine. They found me on the floor (shower floor once) 2 times now so they are afraid no matter what I tell them. I know I'll be okay, but they don't believe it. I want to do it more for them than for me. I have lived with this for 35 years but I was SZ free for so long, they just can't deal with it. My son barely remembers when I had one when he was little. Now he is 21 and it scared him to death (My T/C).

Where is the article on the 10 reasons to fire your Dr? I tried to do a search but I couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom